Who: Presbyterian College (3-11-0, 1-6-0) at Gardner-Webb (3-11-1, 1-4-1)
When: Wednesday, October 18 – 7:00 p.m.
Where: Boiling Springs, N.C. – Greene-Harbison Stadium
Social Media: @PCWSoccer
Blue Hose Team Notes:
- PC is averaging 1.07 goals per game on the season while the opposition is averaging 2.36 goals.
- They have a .108 shooting percentage and a .446 shots on goal percentage.
- The Blue Hose have taken 36 corner kicks on the season.
- Seven individuals have scored a goal, five of the seven are freshmen.
- Three different goal keepers have recorded a result on the season.
- The Blue Hose are fourth in the Big South in saves per game (5.21) this season.
Blue Hose Individual Notes:
- Frances Whitesides leads PC in points (9) and assists (3). She is tied for the team lead in goals (3).
- Kristen Bane is tied for the team lead with Whitesides as she also has three goals.
- Jessica Powell leads all players with 22 shots on the season.
- Whitesides it tied-eighth in the Big South in total assists (3) and assists per game (.21).
Scouting the Runnin’ Bulldogs:
- Gardner-Webb is 3-11-1 on the season and 1-4-1 in Big South play.
- The Runnin’ Bulldogs have scored 10 goals in 15 games this season.
- Stina Kleppe and Samuelle Grove are tied for the team lead in goals with three.
- Keely Brown has played 1342:27 minutes in goal this season. She has a .775 save percentage and a 1.68 goals against average.
- The Runnin’ Bulldogs are led by fourth year head coach Mike Varga.
The Blue Hose and Runnin’ Bulldogs have met on the soccer field 23 times with PC posting a 16-6-1 record in those games. The last Blue Hose win came in 2013. The game has been decided by one or fewer goals the last four seasons including going to overtime the last two seasons.