Who: Presbyterian College Blue Hose (2-7-0, 0-2-0) vs. Longwood Lancers (6-4-1, 1-1-0)
When: Saturday, September 30 – 1:00 p.m.
Where: Martin Stadium – Clinton, S.C.
Social Media: @PCWSoccer
Defenders Scoring Goals:
- Yeager also has two assists to give her a team high six points on the season.
Blue Hose Team Notes:
- PC averages 8.8 shots per game on the season and 1.11 goals per game.
- The Blue Hose have 10 goals on 79 shots overall this season.
- Seven different players have recorded a goal this season, five of them are freshman.
- Presbyterian is fifth in the Big South in total points (26) and points per game (2.89).
- The Blue Hose are T-5 in goals scored (10) and fourth in goals per game (1.11).
- PC is fifth in total saves (50).
Presbyterian Individual Notes:
- K. Yeager, the junior defender leads the way in points with six (two goals, two assists).
- Peyton Patterson and K. Bane, both freshmen, also have two goals scored on the season for four points.
- Frances Whitesides also has four points on one goal and two assists this season.
- Abby Jones has taken over in goal for the injured Alyssa Leaman, she has played 329:03 minutes in goal this season. She is allowing 3.01 goals per 90 minutes and has a .560 save percentage on the season.
- Yeager and Whitesides are each tied for ninth in total assists in the Big South (2).
- The Longwood Lancers are 6-4-1 on the season, 1-1-0 in Big South play. They are coming off a 2-0 win over Winthrop on Wednesday night.
- Longwood has scored 10 goals on 170 shots this season.
- The Lancers have a .059 shot percentage and average 0.91 goals per game.
- Despite the lack of offense, the Lancer defense has only allowed seven goals for a 0.64 goals per game. They also have allowed a .059 shot percentage.
- Emily Mothersbaugh is the leader in goals and points for Longwood as she has three goals.
- Emilie Kupsov leads in assists with two for the Lancers.
- Maria Kirby has played every minute in goal for Longwood (1030:00 minutes), she has allowed seven goals and recorded 46 saves. She has a 0.61 goals allowed average and has five shutouts.
The Blue Hose and Lancers have played each other eight times with Longwood leading 4-2-2. The last PC win came in 2002.