Who – Presbyterian College (2-0-0) at College of Charleston (1-3-0)
When – Friday, September 1 – 7 p.m.
Where – Patriots Point Soccer Stadium – Mt. Pleasant, S.C.
Social Media – PCWSoccer
Blue Hose look to stay hot:
- The Blue Hose women’s soccer team is off to their best start of the Division I era at 2-0.
- The last 2-0 start came in 2003 when Coach Purcell’s Blue Hose team started 7-0 en route to a 14-6-0 record.
- Five different players have combined to score the five goals for PC, three of them are freshmen.
- Frances Whitesides and Kelsey Yeager each lead the way with three points on the season (one goal and one assist each).
Leaman earns Defensive Player of the Week honor:
- Sophomore goal keeper Alyssa Leaman was honored by the Big South this past week for her contributions to PC’s two wins.
- She recorded 14 saves against 16 shots on goal against her. That is good for a .875 save percentage.
- Overall she allowed only two goals in 180:00 minutes in goal.
Scouting the Cougars:
- The Cougars are off to a 1-3 start to the season. The defeats have come against Coastal Carolina and at Virginia Tech and Tennessee.
- C of C is averaging 0.50 goals per game on the season while taking 8.8 shots per game, a 0.057 shot percentage.
- Kalli Vogel and Alyssa Beck each lead the way with one goal on the season for the Cougars.
- Genevieve Henderson leads the College of Charleston in goal as she has played 339:23 minutes in goal. She has recorded 21 saves on 29 shots on goal against her for a .724 save percentage.
Blue Hose vs. Cougars Series History:
- The Blue Hose and Cougars have met on the soccer field three time in the two schools program history. The College of Charleston has won all three match-ups that took place from 2008-2010.
- C of C won those three matches by score of 3-2 in 2008, 2-1 in 2009 and 6-1 in 2010.