Clinton, S.C. – The Presbyterian College Lacrosse team travels to Macon, Ga. to face the Mercer Bears at 1:00 p.m. on Sunday, March 11.
Who: Presbyterian (1-5) at Mercer (2-3)
When: Sunday, March 11 – 1:00 p.m.
Where: Macon, Ga. – Five Star Stadium (12,000)
Social Media: @PCWomensLax
- The Blue Hose return from their west coast ventures and now travel to Macon, Ga. to face the Mercer Bears. Mercer is 2-3 this season and have currently won two in a row after starting 0-3.
- Presbyterian collects 11 ground balls and nine draw controls per game this season and have forced 42.2 percent of the oppositions turnovers (27-64) this season.
- PC is succesful on 71.7 percent of its clear attempts (71-99).
- All 21 players have played in a game this season including all six freshmen have played in multiple games this season.
- Freshmen, Sarah Marshall and Kelly Hyman, are the leading scorers for the Blue Hose this season. Both have tallied six total points, Marshall with six goals and Hyman with three goals and three assists.
- Marshall’s six goals leads the team in goals while Cady Roberts and Claire Frase are second with four goals each.
- Hyman’s three assists leads the team while Natalie Barnett and Kara DiClemente are second with two each.
- Kayla Koch leads the way in goal with 223:20 minutes played and 38 saves with 36.2 save percentage. Koch aslo leads in ground balls with 11 closely followed by Taylor Johnson with 10.
- Johnson leads the team in draw controls with 17 while Roberts leads in the way in caused turnovers at five.
- The Mercer Bears are 2-3 on the season and have won two in a row over Gardner-Webb (16-6) and Davidson (13-12). They average 11 goals per game while surrendering 13 goals.
- The Bears average 21.0 ground balls per game this season while forcing 9.6 of its opponents 20.0 turnovers per game. Mercer opens the possesion with the ball 12.4 times a game as it collects 12.4 draw controls to the oppositions 13.6.
- Kate Leone leads Mercer in goals with 15 and is tied for the team lead in points with 18. Lindsey Zeltwanger also has 18 points on eight goals and a team leading 10 assists. Iseabal Cryne is the team leader in ground balls with 15 while Audrey Robertson and Lily Morin each have 12, Robertson and Zeltwanger each have eight caused turnovers this season.
- Cryne is leader in goal for Mercer with 277:06 minutes played. She has 36 total saves and a .383 save percentage.
- Mercer leads the series with Presbyterian 2-1, winning two in a row. The Blue Hose won the first meeting with Mercer 15-14 back in 2015, Mercer has won the last two 10-9 and 23-13.