CLINTON, S.C. – The Presbyterian College men’s cross country team led by a pair of top ten finishes from senior William Wise and sophomore Zack Kochert finished second on Saturday in the Big South Preview meet hosted by Campbell. The Blue Hose women’s team finished third highlighted by a ninth place finish from freshman Lili Jaraczewski.
Results: Men – 2nd | Women – 3rd
Location: Keith Hills Golf Course at Buies Creek
• Wise led the men’s team on Saturday with a 28:01.40 to place in seventh for PC. Kochert finished in eighth at 28:26.62.
• In his first race of 2019, junior Banner Plumb finished in 11th place with a 29:26.59 finishing time.
• Neel Taber finished in 14th place at 30:14.42, while Luke Harmon placed in 15th with a personal record of 30:18.08. Justin Nobles rounded it out with a 34:23.71.
• Nobles was able to hold off a pair of Lancer runners to secure Presbyterian’s runner up finish.
• Jaraczewski led the Blue Hose women with a ninth place finish in the 5k. She ran a 20:28.55 to pace PC.
• Senior Ali Bennett finished in 11th as she ran a 21:04.18, while classmate Emily Swanigan ran a 21:15.80 good enough for 13th place in the event.
• Freshman Megan Flynn finished in 17th place as she finished with a 22:49.52. Sophomore Julia Keen in her first race of 2019 finished in 20th place with a time of 24:29.57.
• Senior Kennedy Brooks ran a 25:51.30 and junior Abigayle Winn finished with a 29:43.61 to round out the team.
• Campbell earned both team titles as Godwin Kimutai led the men’s 8k with a 26:48.89 and Shanley Koekemoer led the women’s 5k at 19:12.40.
• The Blue Hose continue their 2019 season on Friday Sept. 27 when they travel to the Queen City Invite in Charlotte, N.C.. The start of the event on the 27th is set for 4:30 p.m