CLINTON, S.C. – The Presbyterian College men's and women's cross country team return to the course on Saturday for the Big South Preview meet. The men’s 8k is set to begin at 8:00 a.m., while the women’s 5k will start at 8:45 a.m.
About the Meet
• The Men’s 8k is set to fire off at 8:00 a.m., while the women’s 5k is scheduled to begin at 8:45 on Saturday morning.
• The Blue Hose on Saturday will face off against Longwood and Campbell.
Last Time Out
• The Blue Hose men’s and women’s team both placed fourth at the Carolina Challenge to kickoff the 2019 season in their last meet.
• Sophomore Zack Kochert paced the men’s team in 20th place with a time of 17:25.9, while senior William Wise followed close behind with a 17:52.06.
• Senior Ali Bennett led the PC women with a 20:47.33 which was good enough for 31st in Saturday’s meet. In her first meet as a Blue Hose, freshman Lili Jaraczewski ran a 21:33.73 to finish 35th
2018 Big South Preview
• The 2018 Vertcross Invite which served as the Big South Preview last season hosted by High Point saw the men’s team finish in 11th and the women finish 13th.
• Banner Plumb led PC with a 28:07.88 with Wise close behind at 28:15.91.
• On the women’s side, Sally Hart placed 33rd with a 5k time of 19:36.71. Ali Bennett was second for PC at a 20:33.61 finishing time.
Big South Preseason Polls
• The Presbyterian College women’s cross country team earned the program’s highest preseason selection in the Big South Conference’s preseason poll released as they were selected eighth. The men’s team was picked ninth in the poll. The women’s preseason rank is their highest since 2016, when they were picked eighth.
• The Blue Hose continue their 2019 season on Friday Sept. 27 when they travel to the Queen City Invite in Charlotte, N.C.. The start of the event on the 27th is set for 4:30 p.m.