CLINTON, S.C. – The Presbyterian College men's and women's cross country team is set to begin its 2019 season on Saturday morning with the Carolina Challenge at the Sandhill Research and Education Center in Columbia, South Carolina. The women’s 5K is set to begin at 9:00 a.m. with the men’s 5K set to go off at 9:45 a.m.
Event: Carolina Challenge
Date: Saturday, August 31
Time: Women’s 5K – 9:00 a.m. | Men’s 5K – 9:45 a.m.
Site: Sandhill Research and Education Center (Columbia, S.C.)
About the Meet
• The Women’s 5K is set to begin at 9:00 a.m. with the men’s race to follow at 9:45 a.m.
• The Blue Hose will compete on the women’s side against USC-Beaufort, The Citadel, Clemson, Gardner-Webb, Benedict, Columbia (S.C.) and host South Carolina.
• On the men’s side, the opponents will be USC-Beaufort, Clemson, Columbia College, Gardner-Webb, The Citadel Benedict and South Carolina State.
Big South Preseason Polls
• The Presbyterian College women’s cross country team earned the program’s highest preseason selection in the Big South Conference’s preseason poll released on Thursday as they were selected eighth. The men’s team was picked ninth in the poll. The women’s preseason rank is their highest since 2016, when they were picked eighth.
Last Time Out
• The Blue Hose set a pair of records at the 2018 NCAA D1 Southeast Regionals which was their last time out on the course.
• Senior William Wise set a new PR in the 10k crossing the line in 34:24.6 for the best finish by a Blue Hose ever at the regional event.
• The Blue Hose will next travel to the Big South Preview Meet in Lillington, N.C. on Saturday September 14th. The meet is set to begin at 8:00 a.m. with the men’s 8k followed at 8:45 a.m. with the women’s 6k.