Clinton, S.C. – The Presbyterian College women’s basketball team takes to the road for the second of three straight road games as they travel to Nashville, Tenn. to face the Belmont Bruins on Friday at 12:00 p.m.
Who: Presbyterian College (1-5) at Belmont (6-2)
When: Friday, December 1 – 12:00 p.m. (EST)
Where: Nashville, Tenn. – The Curb Event Center (5,000)
Watch: OVC Digital Network
Listen: Belmont Radio
Social Media: @BlueHoseWBB
Storey Named Preseason All-Conference
- Senior PG Cortney Storey has been named to 2017-18 Big South Preseason All-Conference team. She was the 2014-15 Freshman of the Year, 2015-16 Big South Honorable Mention and 2016-17 Big South Second Team honoree.
- Storey is the first preseason honoree since Karlee Taylor in 2013-14.
Storey and Miles Nearing 1,000
- Seniors Storey and Janie Miles both enter their senior campaigns with a reasonable shot of surpassing 1,000 career points. Storey sits at 969 and Miles now has 835.
- Storey has averaged 15.7 points, 5.3 assists and 1.3 steals per game this season. With these averages she sits at 969 points, 378 assists and 169 steals on her way to 1,000, 400, and 200 respectively for her career.
- Miles sits at 835 career points heading into the Duke game.
Blue Hose Go For 10+ Again
- PC enters this season with three straight 10+ win Big South campaigns. The Blue Hose have achieved that feat four of the last five seasons overall.
- Overall they have won 10+ conference games in 13 of the last 30 seasons with nine coming as members of the South Atlantic Conference and four in the Big South.
Storey Off To A Hot Start
- Storey has been named the Big South Player of the Week each of the first two weeks this season.
- In week one she averaged 20.0 points, 5.0 rebounds, 3.0 assists and 1.0 steals in two games versus San Diego State and #7 UCLA, this performance earned her first player of the week honor.
- In week two Storey average 20.5 points, 6.5 assists, 6.0 rebounds and 2.0 steals in two games versus USC Upstate and Chattanooga. She would tie her own personal career high and PC Division I record with 27 points versus Upstate. These performances garnered her second player of the week honor.
- So far this season she is averaging 15.7 points, 5.3 assists, 3.5 rebounds and 1.3 steals this season. 15.7 points would break her own single season points per game average if she maintained it throughout the season.
Blue Hose Offensive Notes
- PC is averaging 53.3 points per game on 35.8 percent shooting percentage.
- The Blue Hose’s 83 points on Wednesday (11/15) was the most since they scored 83 versus Truett-McConnell on December 16, 2013.
- PC averages 9.2 steals per game through six games. They have tallied 10 or more steals in four of six games.
- The Blue Hose average 11.3 assists per game on 18.7 made shots per game meaning they assist on 60.4 percent of their made shots.
Miles Heating Up
- Miles averages 8.0 points per game this season, 43 of her 48 points in six games have come in her three double figure scoring game versus USC Upstate, Chattanooga and Duke.
- 33 points in two games is her second highest scoring two game stretch of her career. She had 35 over two games in December of her freshman season versus North Carolina Central and Campbell.
- Freshman Mattie Kennedy tallied a career high 13 points on a career high three made three-pointers versus Kennesaw State on Tuesday night.
- Sophomore Riley Hemm also tied her career high in made three-pointers with two in one minute played versus the Owls.
- Redshirt Sophomore Ericka Blackwell-Boyden grabbed a career high six rebounds in the Kennesaw State contest.
- Freshman Briley Buckner would add a career day against Duke as she set game highs in points (11), made shots (4), attemts (8), three-point makes (2), three point attempts (4), rebounds (5) and assists (2).
Scouting The Bruins
- The Bruins enter this game with a 6-2 record overall and have won back to back games versus Florida Gulf Coast and Trevecca Nazarene.
- Belmont scores 77.0 points per game and surrender 61.2 points per game this season. They shoot 43.3 percent from the field and 34.3 percent from three.
- The Bruins average 43.1 rebounds per game have a plus-eight rebounding edge this season.
- Three Bruins average over 13 points per game this season. Kylee Smith leads the way at 18.1 per game followed by Darby Maggard with a 14.5 average and Sally McCabe scores 13.0 points per game.
- McCabe leads the Bruins in rebounding with a 7.8 per game average, Jenny Roy averages 7.6 per game.
- Maggard leads the Bruins in assists with a 4.8 per game average.
Blue Hose versus Belmont
- PC travels to Belmont for the two teams second meeting all-time. In 2016-17 the Bruins traveled to Clinton for the first meeting. Belmont won that match-up.