Clinton, S.C. – The Presbyterian College women’s basketball teams takes to the road again as they travel to Durham, N.C. to face the No. 12 ranked Duke Blue Devils on Sunday afternoon.
Who: Presbyterian College (1-4) at No. 12 Duke University (3-1)
When: Sunday, November 26 – 2:00 p.m.
Where: Durham, N.C. – Cameron Indoor Stadium (9,314)
Watch: ACC Network Extra
Listen: Duke Radio Network
Live Stats: GoBlueHose.com
Social Media: @BlueHoseWBB
Storey Named Preseason All-Conference
- Senior PG Cortney Storey has been named to 2017-18 Big South Preseason All-Conference team. She was the 2014-15 Freshman of the Year, 2015-16 Big South Honorable Mention and 2016-17 Big South Second Team honoree.
- Storey is the first preseason honoree since Karlee Taylor in 2013-14.
Storey and Miles Nearing 1,000
- Seniors Storey and Janie Miles both enter their senior campaigns with a reasonable shot of surpassing 1,000 career points. Storey sits at 961 and Miles now has 825.
- Storey has averaged 17.2 points, 5.2 assists and 1.4 steals per game this season. With these average she sits at 961 points, 372 assists and 168 steals on her to 1,000, 400, and 200 respectively for her career.
- Miles sits at 825 career points heading into the Duke game.
Blue Hose Go For 10+ Again
- PC enters this season with three straight 10+ win Big South campaigns. The Blue Hose have achieved that feat four of the last five seasons overall.
- Overall they have won 10+ conference games in 13 of the last 30 seasons with nine coming as members of the South Atlantic Conference and four in the Big South.
Storey Off To A Hot Start
- Storey has been named the Big South Player of the Week each of the first two weeks this season.
- In week one she averaged 20.0 points, 5.0 rebounds, 3.0 assists and 1.0 steals in two games versus San Diego State and #7 UCLA, this performance earned her first player of the week honor.
- In week two Storey average 20.5 points, 6.5 assists, 6.0 rebounds and 2.0 steals in two games versus USC Upstate and Chattanooga. She would tie her own personal career high and PC Division I record with 27 points versus Upstate. These performances garnered her second player of the week honor.
- So far this season she is averaging 17.2 points, 5.2 assists, 4.0 rebounds and 1.4 steals this season. 17.2 points would break her own single season points per game average if she maintained it throughout the season.
Miles Heating Up
- Miles averages 7.6 points per game this season, 33 of her 38 points in five games came in a two game stretch versus USC Upstate and Chattanooga.
- The 33 points in two games is her second highest scoring two game stretch of her career. She had 35 over two games in December of her freshman season versus North Carolina Central and Campbell.
- Freshman Mattie Kennedy tallied a career high 13 points on a career high three made three-pointers versus Kennesaw State on Tuesday night.
- Sophomore Riley Hemm also tied her career high in made three-pointers with two in one minute played versus the Owls.
- Redshirt Sophomore Ericka Blackwell-Boyden grabbed a career high six rebounds in the Kennesaw State contest.
Blue Hose Offensive Notes
- PC is averaging 55.0 points per game on 35.9 percent shooting.
- The Blue Hose’s 83 points on Wednesday (11/15) was the most since they scored 83 versus Truett-McConnell on December 16, 2013.
- PC averages 10.0 steals per game through five games. They have tallied 10 or more steals in four of five games.
- The Blue Hose average 11.4 assists per game on 18.8 made shots per game meaning they assist on 60.6 percent of their made shots.
Scouting the Blue Devils
- The Blue Devils are 3-1 and coming off an 84-51 win over Old Dominion, they play Oregon State at 3:00 p.m. on Saturday afternoon.
- Duke averages 72.5 points while allowing 56.5 points per game this season.
- The Blue Devils shoot 43.9 percent from the field and 41.9 percent from three, they average 45.0 rebounds and 15.0 assists per game this season.
- Duke has three individuals averaging 11.3 points or better per game. Lexie Brown leads with 20.3 per game, Rebecca Greenwell scores 15.0 and Leaonna Odom scores 11.3 per game.
- Odom (8.3), Greenwell (7.8) and Erin Mathias (7.3) all average over 7.0 rebounds per game.
- The Blue Devils are led by Joanne P. McCallie she is a three-time ACC Coach of the Year, is in season 10 and has posted a 245-65 record coming into the season with Duke.
- PC travels to Duke for the second time in program history, the Blue Hose last played in Cameron Indoor in the 2012-13 season.