Who: Presbyterian (7-14, 5-5) at UNC Asheville (11-10, 5-5)
When: Tuesday, February 7 – 7 p.m. ET
Where: Kimmel Arena – Asheville, N.C.
Blue Hose on the road at Charleston Southern
• PC is on the road Tuesday, February 7 as the Blue Hose play UNC Asheville in a 7 p.m. ET Big South game at Kimmel Arena.
• PC looks to rebound from a loss at Charleston Southern last Saturday and hope to avoid the series sweep by the Bulldogs this season.
Last Time Out
• PC fell to Charleston Southern 52-34 last Saturday at the Buccaneer Field House as the Bucs led wire-to-wire.
• Taylor Petty led the Blue Hose in the loss with nine points on 3-for-8 shooting from beyond the arc. The sophomore guard pulled down eight rebounds and added an assist, a block, and a pair of steals.
• Riley Hemm followed Petty in scoring with six points, while Rebecca Walker and Aianna Kelly each contributed five points.
• PC shot 12-of-45 (26.7 percent) from the floor, 7-of-28 (25.0 percent) from beyond the arc, and 3-for-5 (60.0 percent) from the charity stripe.
• The Bucs held PC to only five points in the third quarter. The mark ties PC’s lowest-scoring quarter this season.
• The Bucs held the advantage in points in the paint (16-8), points off turnovers (19-13), second-chance points (12-5), and fast-break points (2-0). PC’s bench did outscore CSU’s 20-10.
Scouting the Bulldogs
• UNC Asheville fell at High Point 81-70 on Saturady afternoon at the Millis Center. The Bulldogs shot 27-of-57 (47.4 percent) from the floor, 6-of-14 (42.9 percent) from deep, and 10-of-19 (52.6 percent) from the line.
• Chatori Major leads the team with 16.3 points per game, followed by Khaila Webb with 14.8 points and KJ Weaver with 11.6 points. Major is the top shooter from long range with 32 three-pointers on the year. Weaver leads the team on the glass with 8.6 boards per game.
• The Bulldogs lead the conference in fewest turnovers (296) and turnovers per game (14.1). UNC Asheville is shooting 41.4 percent from the field, 32.3 percent from deep, and 67.2 percent from the free-throw line.
• Saturday’s game marks the 22nd meeting between the two programs. UNCA leads the all-time series 12-9 and has taken the last five meetings.
• The teams met earlier this season on January 24 at the Templeton Center. PC tied the game late, but could not overcome an 11-0 run as UNCA held on for the 67-60 win. Janie Miles scored 14 points to lead the Blue Hose in the loss, followed closely by Salina Virola with 13 points.
• The game featured three ties and eight lead changes.
PC Rankings in the Big South
• Presbyterian leads the conference in free-throw percentage (75.5), three-point field goals attempted (557), three-point field goals made (158), and three-point field goals per game (7.5).
• The Blue Hose are third in turnover margin (+0.95).
Storey Leads the Way
• Storey leads PC with 11.9 points per game and has scored double-digit points in 14 of the last 18 games.
• Storey has converted on 85-of-215 shots (39.5 percent), including 21-of-85 (24.7 percent) from behind the three-point line. She has also made 58-of-72 (80.6 percent) free-throw attempts.
• Storey recorded the first double-double of her career with 19 points and 10 assists against UNCG on December 15.Next Time Out
• PC returns to the Templeton Center this Saturday, February 11 as the Blue Hose host Liberty in the team’s annual Play4Kay game. Tipoff is scheduled for 7 p.m. ET.