Clinton, S.C. – PC welcomes the Campbell Camels into the Templeton Center on Saturday afternoon for a 2:00 p.m. tip. Senior guard Cortney Storey will be honored for her 1,000 career points prior to the game.
Who: Presbyterian College (3-11, 0-3 Big South) vs. Campbell (9-5, 2-1 Big South)
When: Saturday, January 13 – 2:00 p.m.
Where: Clinton, S.C. – The Templeton Center (2,500)
Watch: Big South Network
Social Media: @BlueHoseWBB
Blue Hose Offensive Notes
- PC is averaging 57.2 points per game this season on 36.8 percent shooting from the field, 32.0 percent from three and a Big South leading 75.9 percent from the charity stripe.
- The Blue Hose average a Big South leading 8.2 three-point makes per game, they have four of the top 25 individual leaders in three-point makes per game. Janie Miles is seventh in the Big South with 2.0 followed by Kacie Hall (1.5) at 12th, Macee Tamminen (1.3) in 18th place and Storey (1.1) is 22nd.
- Less than halfway through the season and PC has already made the ninth most threes in a single season during the Division I era at 115. It is exactly halfway to the record of 230 set last season and there are at least 16 games left this season.
- The 32.0 percent from three is the second highest rate in program history. The record of 38.0 percent was done in 2012-13, a season it only shot 366 threes compared to already having taken 359 threes this season.
- The Blue Hose have improved in free throw percentage each of the last four seasons, 68.2 in ‘14-15, 72.7 in ‘15-16, 74.9 in ‘16-17 and 75.9 this season.
- When PC scored 83 points at USC Upstate it tied the ninth most points in a single game with the 83 scored vs Truett-McConnell on 12/16/13.
- Two of the top 10 performances in made three-pointers have come this season, it tied the record of 15 vs Furman on 12/30/17 and then made 13 which is tied-fourth vs Liberty 1/2/18. The Blue Hose would also set the record for three-point percentage in a game with at least 10 makes when they went 11-18, a 61.1 percent clip at USC Upstate.
- The Blue Hose set a new record for made free throws in a game when they went 30-34 vs North Carolina Central.
Scouting the Camels
- The Camels are 9-5 and 2-1 in the Big South this season. Three of their five losses have come by single digits and they have currently won two in a row at Winthrop 72-48 and vs Charleston Southern 58-49.
- Campbell averages 61.2 points and holds the opposition to 52.5 points per game. Teams only make 33.1 percent of its shots on Campbell and only 25.5 percent from behind the three-point line while the Camels shoot 38.3 percent and 29.8 percent from three.
- Campbell averages 41.6 rebounds and has a +6.2 average in rebounding margin.
- Like the Blue Hose, Campbell only has one scorer averaging double figures as Summer Price leads the way with 16.6 points, Makala Rouse is next at 7.4.
- Taya Bolden averages 8.9 rebounds to lead the way, Rouse is tops in assists at 4.4 which is second in the Big South behind PC’s Storey. Price is tops in steals with 1.4.
- Campbell is led by second year HC Ronny Fisher. The former PC coach is 30-15 in two seasons at Campbell.
- PC and Campbell have met 13 times with PC claiming a 7-6 advantage in the series.
- Storey set a PC individual record for made free throws with 17 vs NC Central, the previous record had been 11. She also tied her personal high and school record with 27 points at USC Upstate.
- Hall scored a career high 19 points at Longwood (1/6), she also had four steals in the effort.
- Ericka Blackwell-Boyden scored a career high 15 points versus UNCG (12/21) on 70.0 percent shooting from the field.
- In a two game stretch at Upstate and at Chattanooga Miles scored 33 points, her second best two game stretch. Her best was 35 at NC Central and at Campbell her freshman season.
- Riley Hemm in her lone start of the season scored 12 points with five rebounds and two assists versus NC Central (12/17) all three figures are career highs.
- Freshmen have recorded seven double figure scoring efforts this season led by Tamminen’s three. Five different freshmen have contributed a game with 10+ points.
- The highest scoring individual game by a freshman is the 19 points that Tess Santos scored vs Liberty.
Storey Named Preseason All-Conference
- Senior PG Storey has been named to 2017-18 Big South Preseason All-Conference team. She was the 2014-15 Freshman of the Year, 2015-16 Big South Honorable Mention and 2016-17 Big South Second Team honoree.
- Storey is the first preseason honoree since Karlee Taylor in 2013-14.
1,000 Point Scorers
- Storey surpassed the 1,000-point mark in the NC Central game when she scored on a fast break lay-up. She became the third member of the Division I era of PC basketball to reach 1,000 points and number 111 in Big South history including the fourth to do it this season. She currently sits at 1,085 points following the High Point game.
- Miles is next in line for the Blue Hose as she now has 912 points following the High Point game. If she keeps up her 8.9 points per game pace she should reach 1,000 points around mid-February becoming the fourth member of the PC Division I 1,000-point club.
- Currently six Big South players have reached 1,000 points this season, including Storey and five more are within range of reaching that milestone this season, including Miles.
Blue Hose Go for 10+ Again
- PC enters this season with three straight 10+ win Big South campaigns. The Blue Hose have achieved that feat four of the last five seasons overall.
- Overall they have won 10+ conference games in 13 of the last 30 seasons with nine coming as members of the South Atlantic Conference and four in the Big South.
Storey Setting Records
- Storey is averaging career highs in a points with 15.0 and assists 5.2 per game this season. She has surpassed the 1,000-point mark (1,085) and 400 assists plateau (419) and needs just 17 steals to reach 200 for her career.
- Storey is currently fourth in the Big South in scoring (15.0), second in free throw percentage (83.3), tied-fifth in steals (1.6) and leads the league in assists (5.2) and minutes per game (38.5).
- Nationally Storey is ranked sixth in minutes per game (38.5) and number 48 in assists per game (5.2).
Miles Having Career Year
- Miles is having her best season statistically in a number of categories: Minutes per game (30.4), three-point percentage (41.2), free-throw percentage (77.3), rebounds (3.5) is tied for her highest, and assists (2.2).
- She is fifth in PC DI era points and 64 shy of Dria David for fourth place and 88 shy of 1,000.
- Miles has made 159 three-pointers which is second in the Division I era, she is 105 behind Karlee Taylor’s first place of 264 made threes. She has a career .359 three-point percentage which is fifth.
- Miles is tied with Kaycie Reffner for eighth in career assists with 174 and tied with Karlee Taylor at 1.6 assists per game which is also eighth. Her 122 career steals are fourth, 20 behind Aianna Kelly for third.
- Miles’ 41.2 three-point percentage this season the fourth highest single season average and is fourth in the Big South this season.