CLINTON, S.C. – The Presbyterian College baseball team welcomes in Davidson for a midweek battle with the Wildcats on Tuesday afternoon with first pitch slated for 3 p.m. at the PC Baseball Complex.
WHAT: Presbyterian (19-21, 11-7 Big South) vs Davidson (19-16, 8-4 A10)
WHERE: Clinton, S.C. (PC Baseball Complex)
WHEN: Tuesday April 23 (3:00 p.m.)
THE SERIES (Since 2008): Davidson Leads 6-5
ON THE MOUND
PC – TBA
DAV – TBA
About the Blue Hose
• The Presbyterian College baseball team was unable to overcome a pair of late rallies from High Point, as the Panthers earned 4-2 and 5-4 victories on Saturday afternoon at the PC Baseball Complex.
• Zacchaeus Rasberry paced the PC offense with a .500 average in the series including his fourth home run of the season in game two of Saturday's doubleheader. Nick Guimbarda added a team-high five RBI's as he hit his team-high sixth home run of the season in the series.
• Eric Miles continued his stellar pitching of late tossing his second complete game of the season dropping his season ERA to 3.47.
• Jimmy Marcelli carries a season-high 11 game hit streak into Tuesday's contest as the junior is hitting .333 with a home run and nine RBIs during the 11 game stretch.
• Nick Guimbarda has a team-high 17 game reached base streak entering play on Tuesday. Guimbarda is hitting .339 with two home runs and 15 RBIs during that current stretch.
• Zacchaeus Rasberry leads the team with 16 multi-hit contests with Marcelli one behind with 15 multiple hit games on the year.
• Rasberry is hitting a red hot .500 over his last five games including two doubles, one triple and a home run with four RBIs in the stretch.
• Over his last five appearances, Austin Paradis has not allowed an earned run in 8.2 innings with three walks and 15 strikeouts.
• Davidson holds a slim 6-5 series advantage over the Blue Hose after its two victories over PC this season.
• Zacchaeus Rasberry has a team-high .625 average against Davidson this season which includes a triple in the two contests with the Wildcats.
• Davidson enters Tuesday's contest at 19-16 following a series victory over George Washington over the weekend.
• Eric Jones leads the Wildcats with a .343 average including a team-high 13 doubles and five home runs. Ruben Fontes has a team best 10 home runs and 31 RBIs.
• Josh Hudson leads the way on the mound with a 4-1 record to go along with a team best 3.06 ERA.
• Zacchaeus Rasberry sits in a tie for seventh in the league with a .338 average on the season.
• Rasberry sits in a tie for third in the Big South with 51 hits on the year. Marcelli sits in sixth place with 50 hits on the season.
• Nick Guimbarda is tied for fourth in the conference with 12 doubles. He's also tied for 10th in the Big South with six home runs.
• In Big South games, PC has both Reagan Fowler and Eric Miles in the top ten in earned run average as Miles is at 2.44 which ranks fourth with Fowler at 2.62 which sits seventh in the league.
• Miles is also tied for first in conference play with five victories and also sits in a tie for second with 43 strikeouts.
• Jonathan White has a .427 on base percentage for the year which puts his seventh in the conference.
• Head Coach Elton Pollock earned his 300th career win on Saturday with a 6-2 victory over UNC Asheville on April 6th.
• With his next double, Nick Guimbarda moves into a tie for sixth in the program’s D1 record book with his 39th career double.
• Nick Guimbarda needs three more home runs to move into a tie for fourth place in the program’s D1 record book for career home runs. Guimbarda has 16 homers after his home run in Friday’s series opener against UNC Asheville.
• Colton Springs with his next save would move into solo fourth in the program’s D1 record book with his seventh career save. Springs with his next save also takes sole possession of eighth in the Blue Hose career record book.
• Eric Miles is just two wins away from matching the Presbyterian D1 record for wins with 21 victories. Miles currently has 19 wins over his two and a half seasons as a Blue Hose.
• With his next sacrifice fly, Nick Guimbarda would take the PC D1 record for most sac flies in a career as a Blue Hose with 12.
• The Blue Hose take a step out of Big South play as they travel to Pittsburgh for a three-game series beginning on Friday at 6 p.m. from Charles L. Cost Field in Pittsburgh. The two teams play a doubleheader Saturday beginning at 1 p.m.