CLINTON, S.C. – The Presbyterian College baseball team returns to Big South action as the Blue Hose welcome in Gardner-Webb for a three-game series beginning at 3 p.m. on Friday afternoon on ESPN+. All three games will be shown on ESPN+.
WHAT: Presbyterian (8-13, 2-1 Big South) vs Gardner-Webb (9-8, 1-2 Big South)
WHERE: Clinton, S.C. (PC Baseball Complex)
WHEN: Friday March 22 (3:00 p.m.) | Saturday March 23 (2:00 p.m.) | Sunday March 24 (1:00 p.m.)
THE SERIES (Since 2008): Gardner-Webb Leads 24-10
ON THE MOUND
PC – RHP Eric Miles (2-1, 4.98 ERA, 24 K)
GWU – LHP Isaac Campbell (1-1, 4.00 ERA, 24 K)
PC – LHP Jake Rice (1-1, 4.97 ERA, 21 K)
GWU – LHP Aaron Stewart (1-0, 7.27 ERA, 9 K)
PC – RHP Reagan Fowler (1-3, 6.08 ERA, 24 K)
GWU – RHP Kyle Ruehlman (2-0, 2.96 ERA, 12 K)
About the Blue Hose
• Presbyterian was defeated by the score of 4-1 on Tuesday in non-conference action by Davidson.
• In the loss, Jonathan White paced the offense with a perfect 3-for-3 day including a double and a stolen base.
• Zacchaeus Rasberry added a pair of hits in the loss for PC.
• Gardner-Webb leads the all-time series dating back to 2008 by the count of 24-10 which included a three game sweep of the Blue Hose last season in Boiling Springs.
• In the last series against the Bulldogs, Nick Guimbarda and Jonathan White both hit homers while Colton Springs recorded two shutout innings with three strikeouts.
• Gardner-Webb enters Friday’s game with a 9-8 record following a 5-4 midweek victory over Western Carolina on Wednesday night.
• The Bulldogs are led offensively by Justin Kunz who’s hitting .333 with six homers and 15 RBIs. Chandler Redmond has five home runs and a team-high 17 RBIs.
• On the rubber, Kyle Ruehlman sits with a 2-0 record and a 2.96 ERA over 24.1 IP with 12 strikeouts. Jarret Thompson carries a 2.08 ERA in 10 apperances with four saves to the weekend series.
• Jimmy Marcelli enters the weekend tied for fourth in the Big South with a .350 batting average. Marcelli is third in the conference with 28 hits.
• Nick Guimbarda sits in a tie for third with seven doubles on the year. Guimbarda is also in a tie for fourth with four home runs on the campaign.
• Jonathan White leads the Big South with eight hit by pitches. The eight hit by pitches also ranks 25th nationally.
• Zacchaeus Rasberry is in a tie for second in the league with three sacrifice flies.
• Colton Springs ranks in second in the Big South with three saves while Matt Norton is in a tie for sixth with a pair of saves.
• Head Coach Elton Pollock is closing in on his 300th win with the Blue Hose as he needs just five more victories to achieve this milestone.
• Colton Springs with his next save would move into solo fourth in the program’s D1 record book with his seventh career save. Springs with his next save also takes sole possession of eighth in the Blue Hose career record book.
• With his next victory, Eric Miles would move into sole possession of second place with 16 career wins in the D1 record book.
• Nick Guimbarda needs one more home run to move into a tie for 5th in the Blue Hose D1 Record Book for career homers. He currently has 14 career homers.
• Springs with two more strikeouts will move into 10th place in the D1 record book in Presbyterian history. He currently has 93 strikeouts.
• With his next hit by pitch, Jonathan White moves into a tie for eighth in the Blue Hose single season D1 Record book with his ninth hit by pitch on the season.
• The Blue Hose return to the PC Baseball Complex for a midweek matchup with Wofford on Wednesday afternoon with first pitch slated for 3 p.m. on ESPN+. PC earned a 5-4 victory over the Terriers on March 6th at Presbyterian.