CLINTON, S.C. – The Presbyterian College baseball team hits the road for a midweek matchup with Davidson on Tuesday night at Wilson Field. First pitch is set for 6:00 p.m. on Tuesday with the game being shown on ESPN+.
WHAT: Presbyterian (8-12, 2-1 Big South) vs Davidson (9-6, 0-0 A10)
WHERE: Davidson, N.C. (Wilson Field)
WHEN: Tuesday March 19 (6:00 p.m.)
THE SERIES (Since 2008): PC leads 5-4
ON THE MOUND
PC – TBD
DAV – TBD
About the Blue Hose
• PC picked up a series victory over Radford last time out behind solid starting pitching to go along with timely hitting in the series win.
• Presbyterian’s starting pitchers in the series tossed 19.1 innings allowing nine hits, three runs, two earned runs and 28 strikeouts.
• Luke Matthews led the Blue Hose offensive attack with a .429 average, Graham Mitchell hit .300 in the series.
• PC leads the all-time series 5-4 dating back to 2008 as Davidson earned an 8-4 win over the Blue Hose last May.
• Michael Varga had a pair of base hits against the Wildcats in last year’s contest.
• Davidson enters with a 9-6 record following a three-game sweep of North Alabama over the weekend.
• The Wildcat offense is led by Eric Jones who has a .379 average with three homers and eight runs driven in. Matt Frey sits at .292 with eight RBIs. Ruben Fontes has a team-high five homers and 15 runs driven in.
• Josh Hudson leads the pitching staff with a 2-1 record to go along with a 1.17 ERA and a team-high 27 strikeouts. Gabe Levy sits at a 1.72 ERA and a pair of saves.
• Jonathan White currently leads the conference and ranks 24th nationally with eight hit by pitches on the season. White’s next hit by pitch will move him into the top 10 in the Blue Hose D1 era single season record book.
• Jimmy Marcelli currently leads the Big South with 28 hits while sitting fourth with a .368 batting average. Marcelli has a team-high 10 multi-hit contests on the year.
• Nick Guimbarda sits seventh in the Big South with a .521 slugging percentage.
• As a team the Blue Hose pitching staff leads the league with six saves.
• Blue Hose pitchers have struck out 149 batters which ranks fourth in the league.
• Head Coach Elton Pollock is closing in on his 300th win with the Blue Hose as he needs just five more victories to achieve this milestone.
• Colton Springs with his next save would move solo fourth in the program’s D1 record book with his seventh career save. Springs with his next save also takes sole possession of eighth in the Blue Hose career record book.
• With his next victory, Eric Miles would move into sole possession of second place with 16 career wins in the D1 record book.
• Nick Guimbarda needs one more home run to move into a tie for 5th in the Blue Hose D1 Record Book for career homers. He currently has 14 career homers.
• Springs with two more strikeouts will move into 10th place in the D1 record book in Presbyterian history. He currently has 93 strikeouts.
• The Blue Hose return home for another Big South series as they welcome in Gardner-Webb for a three-game series beginning on Friday afternoon at 3 p.m. on ESPN+. All three games will be shown on ESPN+ for the Gardner-Webb series.