CLINTON, S.C. – The Presbyterian College baseball team finishes off a five game Georgia road trip with a pair of contests against Kennesaw State on Tuesday and Wednesday night.
WHAT: Presbyterian (6-9, 0-0 Big South) vs Kennesaw State (6-9, 0-0 ASUN)
WHERE: Kennesaw, Ga. (Stillwell Stadium)
WHEN: Tuesday March 12 (5:00 p.m.) | Wednesday March 13 (5:00 p.m.)
THE SERIES (Since 2008): KSU leads 3-1
ON THE MOUND
PC – LHP Clark Dearman (1-0, 4.50 ERA, 8 K)
KSU – TBD
PC – RHP Jackson Dean (1-1, 4.32 ERA, 13 K)
About the Blue Hose
• Presbyterian dropped a weekend series at No.9 Georgia last time out.
• In game two of Saturday’s doubleheader, Andrew Livingston belted his first home run of the season.
• Nick Guimbarda tied a season-high with three RBIs in game one on Saturday.
• The Owls lead the all-time series since 2008 winning three of the prior four meetings.
• PC split the 2012 season series defeating Kennesaw State 9-6 on 3/14/12 before falling in Clinton 8-4 on 3/21/12.
Scouting Kennesaw State
• The Owls enter Tuesday’s matchup with a 6-9 record following being swept last weekend against Samford.
• Kennesaw State’s offense is led by Terence Norman who’s hitting .313 with a home run and six RBI’s. Jake Franklin sits at .310 with a team-high seven doubles.
• On the mound, the Owls are led by Monty Horn with five appearances not allowing an earned run.
• As a team, the Blue Hose lead the conference in double plays turned (13), triples (4) and triples per game (0.27)
• Jimmy Marcelli is third in the league with 21 hits and is tied for fifth in the conference with four doubles. Marcelli is tied for fourth with teammate Zacchaeus Rasberry with 28 total bases in the Big South.
• Colton Springs with his two saves ranks fourth in the conference.
• Head Coach Elton Pollock is closing in on his 300th win with the Blue Hose as he needs just seven more victories to achieve this milestone.
• Colton Springs with his next save would move into a tie for fourth in the program’s D1 record book with his sixth career save.
• With his next victory, Eric Miles would move into a tie for second with 15 career wins in the D1 record book.
• Nick Guimbarda needs one more home run to move into a tie for 10th in the Blue Hose D1 Record Book for career homers.
• Springs with seven more strikeouts will move into 10th place in the D1 record book in Presbyterian history.
Blue Hose In The Minors
• Bud Jeter concluded his 2018 MILB season with the Jackson Generals, the AA affiliate of the Arizona Diamondbacks. Jeter appeared in 34 games with the Generals during the 2018 campaign going 2-2 with a 2.72 ERA while also picking up a pair of saves. Jeter struck out 47 in 46.1 innings.
• Hayden Deal finished the 2018 season with the Rome Braves, the A affiliate of the Atlanta Braves. Deal appeared in 27 games with the Braves while making five starts as he went 9-1 with a 2.17 ERA. He recorded 82 strikeouts in 78.2 innings during the season.
• Tanner Chock wrapped up his first year of pro ball with the Orem Owlz, the rookie ball team of the LA Angels. Chock went 0-2 in 16 appearances during his first professional baseball experience.
• The Blue Hose return home for their first Big South series of the season on Friday as they welcome in Radford to the PC Baseball Complex for a three-game set. Friday’s game is set for a 3 p.m. first pitch.