CLINTON, S.C. – The Presbyterian College baseball team wraps up the 2019 regular season as they travel to Charleston Southern for a three-game series beginning Thursday night at 6 p.m. from CSU Ballpark. Friday’s game will be played at 6 p.m. before the regular season finale will take place on Saturday at 2 p.m. with both Friday and Saturday’s game being shown on ESPN+.
WHAT: Presbyterian (27-26, 14-10 Big South) at Charleston Southern (20-32, 10-14 Big South)
WHERE: Charleston, S.C. (CSU Ballpark)
WHEN: Thursday May 16 (6:00 p.m.) | Friday May 17 (6:00 p.m.) | Saturday May 18 (2:00 p.m.)
THE SERIES (Since 2008): PC Leads 20-14
FOLLOW THE ACTION
LIVE STATS: statbroadcast.com (Thurs) | statbroadcast.com (Fri.) | statbroadcast.com (Sat.)
VIDEO: ESPN+ (Friday) | ESPN+ (Saturday)
RADIO: Fox Sports 1400/98.3 FM (Thurs.-Sat.)
ON THE MOUND
PC – RHP Eric Miles (6-3, 3.97 ERA, 69 K)
CSU – LHP Jaret Bennett (3-5, 5.00 ERA, 39 K)
PC – RHP Jackson Dean (5-4, 3.03 ERA, 45 K)
CSU – RHP Cam Weinberger (4-3, 5.30 ERA, 37 K)
PC – TBA
CSU – TBA
About the Blue Hose
• The Presbyterian College baseball team used the power of a nine-run fifth inning to close out the home 2019 schedule with an 11-7 victory over Georgia State on senior day at the PC Baseball Complex Tuesday afternoon.
• Zacchaeus Rasberry led the Blue Hose with three hits including a double and his 18th stolen base of the year. Jonathan White and Andrew Livingston each added a pair of hits as White drove in three runs. Garrett Jones added a pair of RBIs for the Blue Hose.
• Rasberry picked up his 21st multi-hit game of the season, while White had his 16th and Livingston had his third.
• Andrew Livingston leads the Blue Hose over the last five games hitting .583 (7-for-12) with two doubles and seven runs scored.
• Zacchaeus Rasberry is hitting .429 (9-for-21) with 10 runs scored, two doubles, a home run and seven RBIs.
• Dean since stepping into the weekend rotation role over the past three weeks is 2-1 with a 1.50 ERA. He has 19 strikeouts and just two walks, while tossing a complete game against Winthrop a few weeks ago.
• Clark Dearman is 2-0 with a 2.81 ERA over his last five appearances. He has thrown 16.0 innings allowing five runs and striking out 12 in that stretch.
• PC is 20-7 when scoring first and is also 13-6 when scoring in the first inning this season.
• The Blue Hose are 17-3 when scoring at least six runs during the 2019 season while sitting 6-1 when scoring 10 or more runs.
• PC is 16-7 when hitting at least one home run.
• Presbyterian holds a 20-14 all-time series lead over Charleston Southern dating back to 2008. The Blue Hose have won seven of the past nine meetings from the Buccaneers including two of three last year in Clinton.
• In the 2018 series with the Bucs, Jonathan White hit 7-for-10 with two doubles, and three RBIs, while also scoring five runs.
• Eric Miles tossed 4.0 IP of scoreless baseball, while Jackson Dean allowed one run and struck out three in 4.2 IP.
Scouting Charleston Southern
• Charleston Southern enters with a 20-32 record following a 9-3 loss against Charlotte on Tuesday night. The Buccaneers swept USC Upstate in their most recent Big South series.
• Max Ryerson leads the Bucs with a .328 average as he has six doubles and six home runs. Ryan Stoudemire sits at .303 with 10 doubles and a team-high 13 home runs. Stoudemire has also driven in 41 runs.
• On the mound, Cody Maw leads all starters with a 3-5 record and a 4.10 ERA. Maw has struck out 51 batters in 74.2 innings. RJ Petit is 3-0 with a 2.76 ERA and four saves.
• Zacchaeus Rasberry leads the Big South with 67 hits on the year and also has a conference best four triples.
• Nick Guimbarda paces the conference with 16 doubles. He also sits in a tie for 10th with seven home runs.
• Jimmy Marcelli checks in with 43 RBIs which ranks him fifth in the league. Marcelli is sixth in Big South games with 22 RBIs.
• Rasberry also sits fifth in the league with 18 stolen bases.
• Eric Miles is tied for fourth in the Big South with six wins while also leading the league in innings pitched at 79.1. Miles is third with 69 strikeouts.
• Rasberry sits in a tie for ninth in league games with a .337 average and he is also ninth with 32 hits in Big South games.
• Presbyterian has three pitchers in Big South games that sit inside the top seven in ERA. Jackson Dean is second with a 4-0 record and a 2.45 ERA. Reagan Fowler is third with a 3-1 mark and a 2.52 ERA and Eric Miles is seventh at 5-2 with a 3.16 ERA.
• With his next win, Eric Miles would tie the single season record for most wins by a pitcher in the Blue Hose D1 era. He would match a mark he set in 2017 and Chandler Knox hit during the 2014 season.
• Eric Miles is just two wins away from matching the Presbyterian D1 record for wins with 21 victories. Miles currently has 19 wins over his two and a half seasons as a Blue Hose.
• Miles needs three more strikeouts to move into seventh place in PC's D1 record book for career strikeouts. Miles currently has 156 punch outs in his Blue Hose career.
• Nick Guimbarda next double moves him into a tie for third in the program’s D1 record book with his 43rd career double.
• Guimbarda needs two more home runs to move into a tie for fourth place in the program’s D1 record book for career home runs. Guimbarda has 17 homers after his home run in Saturday's victory over Longwood.
• Guimbarda's next sacrifice fly would give him the D1 program record for sac flies with his 12th.
• Colton Springs with his next save would move into solo fourth in the program’s D1 record book with his seventh career save. Springs with his next save also takes sole possession of eighth in the Blue Hose career record book.
• Jonathan White's next hit by pitch would give him the single season D1 record for HBP with 16 on the season.
• Zacchaeus Rasberry needs three triples to set a single season D1 record for triples in a season. He has four entering play on Tuesday. Rasberry also needs two stolen bases to set the single season D1 record for stolen bases in a season. Rasberry has stolen 18 bases.
• The Blue Hose turn their attention to the 2019 Big South Conference Championship being held at Segra Stadium in Fayetteville, N.C. Presbyterian will learn its next opponent following conference play on Saturday.