• Who: Presbyterian (13-33) vs. Wofford (29-16)
• When: Wednesday at 6 p.m.
• Where: Russell C. King Field (Spartanburg, SC)
• Live Stats: www.WoffordTerriers.com
• Live Video: www.SoconDigitalNetwork.com
• Social Media - @PresbyterianBSB (Twitter)
Series History (since 2008)
• Overall – PC leads 14-12
• This season – tied 1-1
• RHP Eric Miles (6-4) vs RHP Clay Schwaner (1-2)
• PC is ending a 10-game road trip with Wednesday’s game at Wofford. The Blue Hose will play again, after exam week, in a home series against Longwood beginning on May 11.
• The Blue Hose currently rank second in the Big South in hits (419) and are third for batting average (.266) and home runs (42).
• The season series with Wofford is tied at 1-1, with both teams picking up road wins. PC picked up a decisive 9-2 win on February 25. Wofford then picked up 3-2 win on April 11 after rallying with two runs in the top of the ninth inning.
• McClain Bradley leads the Terriers with a .357 batting average and 66 hits, while Mack Nathanson is hitting .340 with 53 hits and leads the team with 46 runs, 40 RBI, and 99 total bases.
• Matt Ellmyer (5-0, 4.86 ERA) and Adam Scott (7-3, 2.41 ERA) are leading Wofford from the mound. Anthony Garcia (2-0, 2.55 ERA) has a team-high five saves over 21 relief appearances and 35.1 innings pitched.
• Wofford is 21-7 at home this season and 5-5 in their last 10. The Terriers avoided a series sweep against UNCG over the weekend by taking game one, 2-1, on Friday.
Players Ranked in the Big South and Nationally
• Senior AJ Priaulx leads the Big South with 13 doubles, 66 hits, and 97 total bases. He also ranks third in batting average (.363)
• Junior Jonathan White leads the Big South in batting average (.367) and hits (66). He is also in the top-4 for runs (39) and total bases (95).
• Sophomore Eric Miles ranks second in the Big South with six victories.
• Freshman Grayson Stoneking is tied for 4th in the Big South with 20 pitching appearances.
Team Effort Over South Carolina
• Seven different players recorded at least one hit against the Gamecocks.
• Nick Guimbarda went 2-for-3 with three runs and an RBI batting leadoff.
• Andrew Durden, Austin Paradis, and Grayson Stoneking combined to allow four runs on six hits over the first 6.2 innings of work.
• Russ Branch and Colton Springs did not allow a hit over the last 2.1 innings. In the bottom of the ninth, Springs needed just 13 pitches to strike out the side and pick up his first save of the season.
Going … Going … Gone!
• After hitting just 14 home runs over the first 26 games, the Blue Hose have heated up for 28 home runs over the last 20 games.
• Since March 29, PC has had ten different players record a home run and hit at least two home runs in 10-of-20 games.
• Nick Wise leads the team with eight home runs this season.
The Hits Keep Coming
• The Blue Hose rank third in the Big South with 419 hits (9.11 per game).
• Jonathan White leads the team with 22 multi-hit games this season.
• AJ Priaulx has hit a perfect 5-for-5 twice this season and 4-for-4 once. Jonathan White (5-for-5), Guy Casaceli (4-for-4) and Nick Guimbarda (3-for-3) have all had perfect days at the plate as well.
• PC has recorded two games with +18 hits for the first time since 2015 when the team had two 19-hit games and a 20-hit game.
• AJ Priaulx eclipsed 100 RBI, 150 hits, and 250 total bases for his career earlier this season and has already established career highs for hits (66) and doubles (13) in a season. With a single in the second inning of Sunday’s game, he tied his collegiate-best for total bases in a season (97).
• Andrew Bladt is three HBP away from ranking within the program’s top-10 for a season (12).
• AJ Priaulx (164), Nick Wise (110), Nick Guimbarda (103) and TJ Richardson (101) have all eclipsed 100 career hits this season.