Jacksonville, Fla. – The Presbyterian College men’s soccer team dropped a 2-1 heart-breaker to Jacksonville on Saturday night at Southern Oak Stadium. Senior Sergio Pinto tied the game with 25 minutes remaining, but the Dolphins’ Connar Lufkin scored in the 90th minute to secure the win.
Final Score: PC 1 – Jacksonville 2
Location: Jacksonville, Fla. (Southern Oak Stadium)
Records: Presbyterian (0-5); Jacksonville (2-1-1)
- Connar Lufkin started the scoring at 45:36, assisted by Mason Tunbrdige.
- Sergio Pinto tied the game at 64:41 with an unassisted low shot.
- Lufkin scored the game winner at 89:20 with a low shot to the right corner.
By The Numbers
- Shots were tied 6-6, with shots on goal tied at four apiece.
- Jacksonville took 11 corners compared to seven for PC.
- Valentin Kliebe collected two saves for PC, while M. Levy made three saves for Jacksonville.
- Pinto’s goal was his first of the season, 11th of his career, and moved him into second place in PC's DI era in goals scored.
- Pinto moved into solo possession of 2nd place in PC’s DI era with his 63rd career start.
Presbyterian College plays next at East Tennessee State on Tuesday, September 17, at 7:00 pm.