Clinton, S.C. - The Presbyterian College men's soccer team dropped a 1-0 game to the College of Charleston on Friday afternoon at Martin Stadium. After the Blue Hose controlled much of the first half, Tucker Heffron scored in the 81st minute to steal the game for the visitors.
Final Score: PC 0 – College of Charleston 1
Location: Clinton, S.C. (Martin Stadium)
Records: Presbyterian (0-3); College of Charleston (1-2)
- Tucker Heffron scored at 80:40 off an assist from Akshat Singh.
By The Numbers
- PC led on shots 18-11, but shots on goal were tied at 4-4.
- PC took eight corners to just one for Charleston.
- The Cougars’ Jake Nicholson led the game with three shots on goal.
- Pedro Crespo led PC with five shots, two on goal.
- Senior Riccardo Hernandez started his DI program-best 63rd collegiate game. He already leads the program in minutes played.
- Senior Sergio Pinto played 75 minutes on Friday and became just the third player in DI program history to surpass 5,000 career minutes played.
- Friday’s matchup was the first in the series since 1986.
Presbyterian College travels to Wingate, N.C., for a neutral site game with UNCW on Monday, September 9, beginning at 7:00 pm.