Who – Presbyterian College Blue Hose (1-1-0) at Elon Phoenix (1-0-1)
When – Saturday, September 2 – 7:00 p.m.
Where – Elon, N.C. (Rudd Field)
Watch – Elon Sports Network
Live Stats - http://stats.statbroadcast.com/broadcast/?id=178116
Social Media - @bluehosesoccer
Blue Hose go for two in a row:
- The Blue Hose will be looking to win their second game in row following a 3-1 victory over Upstate on Wednesday night.
- PC last won multiple games in a row from September 21 – October 1 of 2016, a three game win streak.
- PC has started six true freshmen in each of their first two games this season.
- Three of the four Blue Hose goals have been scored by freshmen as well as their one assist.
- Overall 10 freshmen have played in at least one of the two games this season.
Scouting the Phoenix:
- Overall the Phoenix are 1-0-1 with 0-0 tie against Fordham and a 1-0 win over Central Florida.
- Elon has scored one goal on 18 shots this season while holding their opposition to 0 goals on 25 shots.
- Elijah Agu has scored the one Phoenix goal while being assisted by Jaiden Fortune.
- Phoenix goal keeper, Matthew Jegier, has posted back to back shutouts to start the season. While facing 25 shots in total only four have been shots-on-goal. He saved all four of them.
- PC and Elon have faced each other 10 times in the two programs history, PC owns a 6-2-2 record in those games.
- The two schools have only played once in PC’s Division I era.
- That was a 2013 match in which Elon came away victorious by a 3-0 margin.