Final Score: Monmouth 24, Presbyterian 14
Location: Clinton, S.C. (Bailey Memorial Stadium)
Records: Presbyterian (2-5, 0-3 Big South) | Monmouth (6-2, 2-0 Big South)
Clinton, S.C. – The Presbyterian College Football team was unable to take down Monmouth on homecoming Saturday afternoon falling 24-14 inside Bailey Memorial Stadium.
• Freshman Jarrett Nagy paced the defense with 12 tackles which included seven solo tackles. He also added a pair of tackles for loss in the contest. This is the fourth time this season that Nagy has led or tied for the team lead in tackles.
• Dirk Cureton recorded a 41 yard fumble return for a touchdown early in the third quarter that gave PC a 7-3 lead. It was the first fumble return for a touchdown since Rock Ya-Sin returned a 61 yard fumble for a score against South Alabama in 2016.
HOW IT HAPPENED
• Monmouth got on the board during its opening drive as the Hawks connected on a 49 yard field goal to take the 3-0 lead.
• The two teams slugged it out throughout the remainder of the first half with neither team being able to get on the scoreboard the rest of the half. Both teams combined to punt the ball away seven times and Monmouth forced two turnovers and Presbyterian had one interception the rest of the half.
• PC came out very quickly in the second half as Cureton stripped Juwon Farri of the ball and took it back 41 yards to give the Blue Hose their first lead of the afternoon, 7-3.
• The Hawks answered back late in the third with a 40 yard receiving touchdown to give them a 10-7 lead.
• Monmouth extended the lead to 17-7 on a 37-yard score 9:23 to go in the fourth.
• After PC forced a three and out deep in Monmouth’s end of the field the Blue Hose took advantage with a two play drive being capped off by a 11 yard score by Meyers to make it 17-14.
• The Hawks finished off the game with a 27 yard touchdown in the final minute of the game to give the guests a 24-14 victory on homecoming.
• The Blue Hose hit the road for their final Big South contest away from Bailey Memorial Stadium as they travel to Boiling Springs, N.C. next weekend to face Gardner-Webb. The matchup with the Bulldogs is scheduled for a 1:30 p.m. kickoff on ESPN+.