CLINTON, S.C. – The Presbyterian College football team welcomes in Monmouth on Saturday at 2:30 p.m. at Bailey Memorial Stadium on homecoming. The game will be televised on ESPN+.
WHAT: Presbyterian (2-4, 0-2 Big South) vs Monmouth (5-2, 1-0 Big South)
WHERE: Clinton, S.C. (Bailey Memorial Stadium)
WHEN: Saturday, October 27 (2:30 p.m.)
THE SERIES: Series tied at two
SERIES HISTORY: The Blue Hose and Hawks are each unbeaten on their respective home fields in this series as Monmouth tied the series up last year with a 42-21 victory last season in New Jersey.
FOLLOW THE ACTION
WATCH: ESPN+ (Tyler Cupp, John Orck)
LISTEN: Fox Sports 1400 AM/98.3 FM & WPCC 1410 AM/96.5 FM (Ryan Clary, Tyler Shugart)
LIVE STATS: StatBroadcast
SOCIAL MEDIA: @BlueHoseFtball (Twitter/Instagram) | @BlueHoseSports
GAME NOTES: Presbyterian Notes | Monmouth Notes | Big South Notes
Last Time Out For The Blue Hose
• PC was unable to overcome multiple third quarter turnovers as Charleston Southern picked up a 41-7 win on Saturday night at Buccaneer Field.
• Senior wide receiver DaShawn Davis with his first quarter touchdown became the third Blue Hose in the D1 era to score 10+ receiving touchdowns. The first Blue Hose since Michael Ruff to hit the 10+ touchdown mark.
• Sophomore Colby Campbell led the defense with seven tackles and recorded his third sack of the season. Senior Chad Stevens recorded his first career sack as a Blue Hose on Saturday night.
• The Blue Hose recorded a season-high 9.0 tackles for loss led by Michael Fisher with a pair of those tackles.
PC Welcomes in Monmouth
• The Blue Hose return to Clinton for homecoming against Monmouth on Saturday afternoon with a 2:30 p.m. kickoff.
• The Blue Hose and Hawks meet on Saturday for the 5th time with the two teams tied at two apiece in the all-time series. Monmouth picked up a 42-21 victory last year in New Jersey.
• In last year's match up senior DaShawn Davis recorded six catches for 97 yards and a pair of touchdowns.
Completions Reign Supreme
• The Blue Hose sit in the top 20 as a team in completion percentage in all of FCS football. As a team, PC is at a 65.5 completion percentage.
• Redshirt Senior John Walker leads the way with a 63.8% (88-138) with freshman Jordan Morgan completing eight of nine passes he’s attempted.
Defending the Pass
• PC currently is second in all of FCS and in the Big South allowing just 147.5 passing yards per game. The Blue Hose have not allowed any team to throw for over 200 yards in this first six games of the season.
• As a team the Blue Hose have four interceptions as well as forcing 14 pass breakups this season.
• Trent Carrington, Rod Haygood, Robert Baker and Reggie Brown all have recorded INT's this season with Baker scoring a pick six.
• Carrington leads the defense with four pass breakups.
Blue Hose in The Ranks
• Quarterback John Walker maintains his league lead with a 63.8 completion percentage. He also sits 18th in FCS with that mark.
• Jarrett Nagy leads the conference with 9.3 tackles per game with Colby Campbell second at 9.2 per contest. Trent Carrington sits in eighth with 6.0 tackles per game.
• Gyasi Yeldell leads the conference with 3.5 sacks on the season. Campbell is tied for second with three sacks.
• Trent Carrington is tied for fourth with five passes defensed (four breakups, one interception), while Reggie Brown is one behind with three (two breakups, one interception).
• DaShawn Davis and Keith Pearson sit second and third in the league in receptions per game. Davis has 5.3 catches per game with Pearson sitting at 4.7 on the season.
Scouting the Opponent
• Monmouth enters play at 5-2 after picking up a 38-21 victory in its Big South opener against Campbell last time out.
• The Hawks offense is led by Kenji Bahar as he has thrown for ten touchdowns on the season. Bahar has a 60.4 completion percentage while throwing for 1,712 yards this season. He has also had two rushing touchdowns on the year.
• Juwon Farri leads the Monmouth ground game with 674 yards on the ground and six scores followed by Pete Guerriero with 557 yards and five scores.
• Reggie White Jr paces the Hawks wide outs with 705 yards and four touchdowns, while Vinny Grasso has 226 yards and two scores. White Jr is the only Big south receiver to be averaging 100 yards per game this season.
• Kyle Gregory paces the defense with 39 tackles, 1.0 tackles for loss and three pass breakups. Tymere Berry has 37 tackles with six breakups and an interception.
• The Blue Hose hit the road for their final Big South contest away from Bailey Memorial Stadium as they travel to Boiling Springs, N.C. next weekend to face Gardner-Webb. The matchup with the Bulldogs is scheduled for a 1:30 p.m. kickoff on ESPN+.