CLINTON, S.C. – The Presbyterian College football team gets back on the gridiron on Saturday welcoming Bluefield College to Bailey Memorial Stadium. Kickoff is slated for 7:00 p.m. with the game being broadcasted on ESPN+.
WHAT: Presbyterian (0-1, 0-0 Big South) vs Bluefield College (2-2, 0-0 MSC)
WHERE: Clinton, S.C. (Bailey Memorial Stadium)
WHEN: Saturday, September 22 (7:00 p.m.)
THE SERIES: PC leads 1-0
SERIES HISTORY: PC defeated Bluefield in the only other meeting between the two teams as the Blue Hose picked up a 69-14 victory in 2014.
FOLLOW THE ACTION
WATCH: ESPN+ (Brett Williams, John Orck)
LISTEN: Fox Sports 1400 AM / WPCC 1410 AM (Ryan Clary, Tyler Shugart)
LIVE STATS: StatBroadcast
SOCIAL MEDIA: @BlueHoseFtball (Twitter/Instagram) | @BlueHoseSports
GAME NOTES: Presbyterian Notes | Big South Notes
PC Opens 2018 Home Slate
• The Blue Hose home opener was moved back a week due to Hurricane Florence.
• This marks the second time in three years that PC will have a home opener this late in the month of September. Florida Tech came to Clinton on September 24, 2016 to open the home slate.
• PC will be one of the last seven teams to officially kickoff its home schedule.
Last Time Out for The Blue Hose
• PC opened its 2018 campaign at No. 24 Austin Peay on September 8th as they dropped a 24-0 decision against the Governors.
• The win for Austin Peay tied the all-time series at a game apiece as Presbyterian had won the only other meeting against the Governors.
Scouting Bluefield College
• Bluefield comes into play at 2-2 following a 16-8 loss against Webber International on September 15.
• The Rams offense is led by Cason Whitt as he has accounted for eight touchdowns at quarterback. Whitt has thrown for 615 yards and six touchdowns and has added two more rushing scores.
• Malik Brown leads the ground game with 301 yards, while Jeff Hughes (11-122-1) and Charles Black (10-123-2) lead the receiving corps.
• Shaun Kolb leads the defense with 30 tackles and a team-high 9.0 tackles for loss. Michael Everett also has 30 tackles, 5.0 tackles for loss and 1.5 sacks.
• The Rams picked up a 26-14 win over Cumberland (Tenn.) before falling 45-17 to Keiser. They bounced back with a 45-7 win over Cincinnati Christian before last week's loss to Webber.
Pursuit of 500 Program Wins
• The Blue Hose begin the 2018 campaign just one more victory to hit the illustrious 500-win mark. PC currently is 499-510-35 all-time.
Blue Hose in Ranks
• Four Blue Hose are ranked inside the top 5 in the Big South for total tackles. Colby Campbell leads the conference with 14 tackles, while Dirk Cureton and Nagy are in third place with 11 tackles. Michael Fisher comes into play in fifth place with 10 tackles.
• PC wide receiver DaShawn Davis is just seven catches away from becoming a member of the 100 catch club. He would be the first since Tobi Antigha and Jeremiah McKie in 2014.
• Davis with his next receiving touchdown will move into a tie for third in touchdowns with his seventh score
• With 19 more punt return yards, Davis would surpass McKie for most return yards dating back to 2007 in PC football history.
• The Blue Hose stay at home for a midweek matchup against Lindsey Wilson College on Thursday night. PC will kick off with the Blue Raiders at 7:00 p.m. inside Bailey Memorial Stadium.