Final Score: Presbyterian 10, Lindsey Wilson College 0
Location: Clinton, S.C. (Bailey Memorial Stadium)
Records: Presbyterian (2-1) | Lindsey Wilson College (3-1)
Clinton, S.C. – The Presbyterian College Football team pitched a shutout over Lindsey Wilson College on Thursday night 10-0 inside Bailey Memorial Stadium.
- Early in the second quarter lightning forced the teams into 1:04 delay. It is the second game this season PC has been delayed due to lightning after a pair of delays at Austin Peay to open the season.
- DaShawn Davis paced the offense with nine catches for 78 yards and the lone touchdown of the game. Davis’s second catch of the game put him over the 100 catch plateau for his career becoming the seventh player in the D1 era at PC to eclipse 100 career receptions
- Freshman Jarius Jeter paced the backfield with a career high 94 rushing yards, while Zola Davis added 87 yards for the Blue Hose. Jeter averaged 7.8 yards per carry on just 12 attempts in the contest.
- John Walker threw for 155 yards and a touchdown in the victory.
- PC had its two longest drives of the season when it comes to number of plays and time of possession. The first drive of the game spanned 8:10 and was 14 plays long that led to a field goal for the Blue Hose.
- The Blue Hose opened the second quarter with a 15-play drive that used 8:45 of the clock to mark the season long for both statistics.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- PC got on the board late in the first with the field goal from Duckworth following the aforementioned 14 play drive.
- The two teams battled in the middle of the field for much of the contest with the lone touchdown coming in the fourth quarter as the Blue Hose had a 13 play drive that was capped off by a Davis seven-yard touchdown.
- A key moment in the TD drive came when Walker and Davis connected on a 16-yard pass play on a fourth down to keep the drive alive and eventually take the 10-0 lead.
- Lindsey Wilson’s best scoring chance was thwarted when Reggie Brown picked off a pass in the end zone early in the fourth quarter to keep the shutout intact.
- The Blue Hose move into Big South play as they travel to preseason favorite Kennesaw State on Saturday October 6th. The matchup with the Owls will kick at 2 p.m. from Fifth Third Bank Stadium.