Boone, N.C. --- Five Blue Hose of the men's wrestling program competed unattached this weekend in the Appalachian State Open at Appalachian State University. Jacob Brasseur, Reid Stewart, Bryton Goering , Hunter Corwin, Austin Stith, competed in Boone this weekend.
HOW IT HAPPENED
• Brasseur competed against an unattached wrestler from N.C. State and dropped a major decision to finish sixth in the 125-pound weight class.
• Reid Stewart fell in his lone match by the count of 6-2 against an unattached wrestler from the host Mountaineers.
• In the match, Stewart picked up a pair of points for a takedown in the opening period.
• Goering got out to a fast start in his 7-4 victory over Ohio in the round of 32 as he had a two-point takedown and a four point near fall in the opening period to take a 6-0 lead that ultimately led to a 7-4 win. In his round of 16 match up he fell in a major decision to end the day.
• Corwin fell in his round of 16 match by technical fall against Drexel.
• In the 184-pound weight class, Stith competed against an unattached wrestler from Virginia falling 9-4 in the quarterfinal matchup.