Who: Presbyterian (1-8, 0-1 BSC) at Campbell (4-6, 1-0 BSC)
When: Wednesday, April 5 – 1 p.m. ET
Where: Barker-Lane Stadium – Buies Creek, N.C.
Watch: Big South Network
Live Stats: Statbroadcast Live
Social Media: @PCWomensLax (Twitter/Instagram) / @pcwomenslax
Blue Hose looking for first win against the Camels
• The Presbyterian College women’s lacrosse team continues Big South play Wednesday, April 5 as the Blue Hose square off with the Campbell Camels in a 6:30 p.m. ET contest at Barker-Lane Stadium.
Last Time Out
• PC opened Big South play with an 18-8 home loss to Liberty last Saturday.
• Alexandra Cole and Ellie Stader scored two goals apiece to lead the Blue Hose on offense. Cole put both of her shots in the back of the net, including a 1-for-1 effort in free-position shots. Stader took five shots, converting 1-of-2 free-position shots, and added a ground ball.
• Cole has now scored in four straight games.
• Maura Talvacchia collected seven ground balls with five caused turnovers and a draw control.
• Kayla Koch made 14 saves on 32 shots faced for a 43.8 save percentage in a complete-game effort. She was just shy of her season high with eight ground balls.
• Koch has recorded at least five ground balls or better in the last four games. She has also made double-digit saves for the fourth straight game.
• The Blue Hose lead the Big South and are sixth in the nation in ground balls per game (23.11). PC also tops the conference in saves per game (10.22). The team ranks second in the conference and 23rd nationally in caused turnovers per game (10.67), and is third in the Big South in save percentage (38.8).
• Talvacchia leads the nation in caused turnovers per game (4.00) and ground balls per game (4.56).
• Koch ranks fourth nationally in ground balls per game (4.00), leads the Big South in saves per game (9.00), and is second in the conference in total saves (81).
Scouting the Camels
• Meredith Bechler made a save with 11 seconds left and Campbell held on for a 17-16 win over Winthrop on Saturday.
• Kayla Reilly led the Camels with three goals and five assists, while Melissa Placek finished with five goals and an assists.
• It was Campbell’s first win over the defending Big South Champs in program history.
• Reilley leads the team with 40 points (19 goals, 21 assists), followed by Placek with 32 points (23 goals, 9 assists).
• Bechler owns a 3-4 record this season, is allowing 13.34 goals per game, and has made 70 saves for a 38.5 save percentage. The senior goalie adds 13 ground balls and two caused turnovers to her totals.
• Wednesday marks the fifth meeting between the two programs, with Campbell leading the all-time series 4-0.
• The teams last met on April 13 last season, with the Camels handing PC an 18-7 home loss. The teams were tied 2-2 midway through the first half, but Campbell took off on an 11-2 run over 17 and a half minutes to take a 13-4 lead at the break.
• The Blue Hose continue their road swing with a trip to Boiling Springs, N.C. on Saturday, April 8. PC plays Gardner-Webb in a 1 p.m. ET conference game at Spangler Stadium.