Who: Presbyterian (1-7, 0-0 BSC) vs Liberty (1-9, 0-0 BSC)
When: Saturday, April 1 – 12 p.m. ET
Where: Edens Field at Martin Stadium – Clinton, S.C.
Live Stats: Statbroadcast Live
Social Media: @PCWomensLax (Twitter/Instagram) / @pcwomenslax
Blue Hose start Big South action, host the Flames Saturday
• The Presbyterian College lacrosse team opens conference play this Saturday, April 1 as the Blue Hose host the Liberty Flames in a noon contest at Edens Field at Martin Stadium.
• Both teams defeated Butler this season. The Flames played in Indianapolis, Ind. on February 12, handing the first-year program a 16-9 loss. PC defeated the Bulldogs 12-5 at home on March 10.
Last Time Out
• PC fell on the road as Kennesaw State cruised to a 20-9 victory on March 20 at Fifth Third Bank Stadium.
• It marked the first win for KSU in the all-time series, cutting PC’s lead to 2-1.
• Koch faced 32 shots against the Owls, tying a season high. The freshman goalie also faced 32 shots in a season-opening loss to Mercer on February 11. Koch recorded a season-high 14 saves versus KSU, good for a 43.8 save percentage, in just under 49 minutes of work.
• The Blue Hose rank second in the Big South in ground balls per game (22.88) and caused turnovers per game (11.00). The team is third in save percentage (38.0) and saves per game (9.75).
• Talvacchia leads the nation in caused turnovers per game (3.88) and is fourth in ground balls per game (4.25).
• Koch ranks 13th nationally in ground balls per game (3.50) and is second in the conference in saves per game (8.38).
Scouting the Flames
• Liberty is coming off a pair of losses last week, falling at William & Mary 19-2 on March 22 and at Virginia Commonwealth 21-12 on March 25.
• Brianna McCaffrey scored a hat trick to lead the Flames in the loss. Kayla Foster and Carly White followed with two goals apiece. Goalkeeper Katherine Widrick (0-4) tallied nine saves with 16 goals allowed in 51:10 minutes of work.
• McCaffrey leads the team with 16 goals and 5 assists, followed by Kayla Foster with 11 goals and 12 assists.
• The Flames were picked to finish fourth in the Big South Preseason Coaches’ Poll. McCaffrey and Foster were both named to the Preseason All-Conference Team.
• Saturday marks the ninth meeting between the two programs, with Liberty leading the all-time series 5-3. The Flames have won four straight in the series.
• Liberty took last season’s matchup 21-6 on April 23 in Lynchburg, Va. to conclude the regular season.
• Cassie Watters scored a pair on two shots, while Talvacchia totaled three ground balls and three caused turnovers. PC converted six goals on 15 attempts.Next Time Out
• The Blue Hose travel north to Buies Creek, N.C. next Wednesday, April 5 as they face the Campbell Camels in a 6:30 p.m. ET Big South game at Barker-Lane Stadium.