Who: Presbyterian (10-17, 8-8) vs Winthrop (2-26, 1-15)
When: Monday, February 27 – 7 p.m. ET
Where: Templeton Center – Clinton, S.C.
Watch: Big South Network
Live Stats: Stat Broadcast Live
Social Media: @BlueHoseWBB (Twitter/Instagram) / @BlueHoseSports
Blue Hose play the Eagles Monday
• PC hosts Winthrop on Monday, February 27 for the final home game of the season. Tipoff at the Templeton Center is scheduled for 7 p.m. ET.
• The game marks Senior Day for the Blue Hose.
Last Time Out
• PC tied its best quarter of the season with 28 points in the second, but High Point fought back and won in overtime 72-64.
• Cortney Storey and Allie Wagner scored 18 points apiece to lead the Blue Hose in the loss. Storey dished out a game-high eight assists while Wagner grabbed eight rebounds. Kacie Hall contributed 12 points.
• High Point out-rebounded PC 53-25, including a 19-1 edge on the offensive glass.
• PC shot 9-for-14 (64.3 percent) in the second quarter and 6-for-11 (54.5 percent) in the fourth, but a six-point third quarter allowed High Point to get back into the game. PC scored 28 points in the second quarter, including 24 from distance.
• The loss snapped a four-game home winning streak for PC against the Panthers.
• PC outscored High Point 37-14 in bench points. High Point won the battle in the paint (20-14), scoring off turnovers (19-12), and in second-chance points (11-2).
PC Rankings in the Big South
• Presbyterian leads the conference in free-throw percentage (76.4) and three-point field goals made (200) and ranks second in turnover margin (+2.04).
Scouting the Eagles
• Erica Williams scored a team-high 21 points to move into second place on the all-time Winthrop scoring list, but the Eagles struggled down the stretch in a 78-63 loss to Liberty.
• Williams is leading the team with 15.7 points, 6.5 boards, and 3.6 assists per game. Noell Kellers and Angela Coello Perez lead the Eagles from beyond the arc with 29 and 25 three-pointers respectively.
• The Eagles rank second in the Big South in steals (219/7.8 per game) and are third in free-throw percentage (71.3 percent) and blocked shots (95/3.4 per game). Winthrop is shooting 34.6 percent from the field and 24.7 percent from long-range.
• The two programs meet for the 27th time on Monday. Winthrop leads the all-time series 20-6, including a 10-3 mark at the Templeton Center.
•Last season, the Blue Hose earned a 77-44 home win over the Eagles to sweep the Big South series for the first time in program history.
• PC knocked down a program record 15 three-pointers en route to a 78-39 wire-to-wire victory over the Eagles January 21 at the Winthrop Coliseum.
• PC had four players score in double figures as Storey added 10 points.
• PC recorded season highs in points (78), field goals made (29), field goal attempts (78), three-point field goals made (15), rebounds (53), and assists (22). PC shot 29-of-78 (37.2 percent) from the floor, 15-of-37 (40.5 percent) from deep, and 5-of-8 (62.5 percent) from the line.
Storey Leads the Way
• Storey leads PC with 11.6 points, 4.2 assists, and 2.1 steals per game.
• Storey has converted on 106-of-262 shots (40.5 percent), including 26-of-102 (25.5 percent) from behind the three-point line. She has also converted 75-of-91 (82.4 percent) free-throw attempts.
• She ranks second in the Big South in assists and minutes played (36.4). She is third in assists-to-turnover ratio (1.4) and fourth in free-throw percentage and steals.Next Time Out
• The Blue Hose wrap up the regular season on Saturday, March 4 as the team heads north to Farmville, Va. for a 2 p.m. ET game against Longwood in Willett Hall.