Who: Presbyterian (6-13, 4-4) vs. Radford (15-4, 7-1)
When: Tuesday, January 31 – 7 p.m. ET
Where: Templeton Center – Clinton, S.C.
The Blue Hose welcome Radford Tuesday
• PC hosts the Radford Highlanders this Tuesday, January 31 at the Templeton Center. The Big South game is scheduled for a 7 p.m. ET start.
• The Blue Hose fell on the road to High Point this past Sunday.
Last Time Out
• PC allowed a season-high 10 three-pointers as High Point cruised to an 87-60 wire-to-wire victory Sunday afternoon at the Millis Center.
• Cortney Storey and Janie Miles both finished with 18 points to lead the Blue Hose in the loss. Storey shot 7-of-15 from the field, including 2-for-4 from beyond the arc, and made both of her free-throws. The junior guard added four rebounds, four assists, a block and a steal. Miles went 5-for-7 from the floor, including 3-for-4 from deep, and 5-of-5 from the line. She pulled down six boards and added an assist and two steals.
• Kacie Hall totaled eight points on the afternoon. The freshman guard shot 2-for-8 from beyond the arc and made both of her free shots, adding a rebound and an assist.
• PC shot 18-of-58 (31.0 percent) from the floor, 11-of-32 (34.4 percent) from deep, and 13-of-15 (86.7 percent) from the charity stripe.
• High Point held the advantage in points scored in the paint (38-12), points off turnovers (23-13), second-chance points (12-6), and bench productivity (37-14). The teams tied in fast-break points, 8-8.
Scouting the Highlanders
• Radford held on for a 64-62 overtime win at UNC Asheville Saturday. The Highlanders shot 28-of-57 (49.1 percent) from the floor, 1-of-11 (9.1 percent) from beyond the arc, and 7-of-11 (63.6 percent) from the free-throw line.
• Destinee Walker is averaging 14.1 points and 2.4 assists to lead Radford in both categories. Jayda Worthy follows with 11.6 points per game and has a team-high 134 rebounds on the season. Claudia Quevedo leads the team from beyond the arc with 26 three-pointers.
• The Highlanders are tied with Campbell atop the Big South standings. The team leads the conference in defensive rebounding (28.2 rpg) and ranks second in scoring defense (55.2 ppg), scoring margin (+6.9), field goal percentage defense (34.8), rebounding defense (34.2 rpg), blocked shots (4.2 bpg), and defensive rebound percentage (71.3).
• Tuesday’s game marks the 20th meeting between the two programs. Radford leads the all-time series 15-4, including a 7-2 record at the Templeton Center.
• Radford won the last meeting 42-40 on March 1 last year after the Highlanders converted a layup out of an out of bounds play with 1.4 seconds left in the game. Miles powered the PC offense with 13 points, two assists and four rebounds, while Storey led the Blue Hose with five rebounds, three steals and two assists.
• PC forced 23 turnovers and outscored Radford 23-12 in the second half.
PC Rankings in the Big South
• PC leads the Big South in free-throw percentage (76.0) and three-point fields goals made (145).
• The Blue Hose are third in turnover margin (+1.05).
Storey Leads the Way
• Storey leads PC with 12.1 points per game and has scored double-digit points in 13 of the last 16 games.
• Storey has converted on 77-of-198 shots (38.9 percent), including 20-of-81 (24.7 percent) from behind the three-point line. She has also made 55-of-67 (82.1 percent) free-throw attempts.
• The Preseason All-Big South selection is second in the conference in minutes played (35.8) and assists (78) and is third in free-throw percentage (82.1).
• Storey recorded the first double-double of her career with 19 points and 10 assists against UNCG on December 15.Next Time Out
• The Blue Hose travel to North Charleston, S.C. this Saturday, February 4 as PC takes on Charleston Southern in the Buccaneer Field House. Tipoff is scheduled for 3 p.m. ET.