Who: Presbyterian (0-5) at East Carolina (5-2)
When: Monday, November 28 – 7 p.m.
Where: Minges Coliseum - Greenville, N.C.
Live Stats: ECUPirates.com
Social Media: @BlueHoseWBB (Twitter/Instagram) / @BlueHoseSports
PC Back in the States to Face East Carolina
• Presbyterian will travel to East Carolina on Monday night to face Pirates after PC’s trip to Puerto Rico.
• It will be PC’s four straight road game as a part of its seven-game road trip.
• PC will not return home until December 22 when its hosts Belmont, marking over a month between home games.
Last Time Out
• PC pushed Texas Southern to overtime on Friday night but ultimately fell to the Tigers in overtime, 74-62, in the Puerto Rico Classic in San Juan, Puerto Rico.
• Cortney Storey totaled 26 points in the loss, one shy of her career high, on 9-of-14 shooting, including 5-of-6 from behind the arc. The 26 points are the most by a PC player this season and the second straight game that a Blue Hose has reached at least 20 points.
• Salina Virola scored in double figures for the second straight game, totaling 12 points on 4-of-8 shooting to go with four rebounds and two assists
• PC shot a season-best 41.2 percent from the field in the game, making 21-of-51 shots, including going 10-of-22 from behind the three-point line. The Blue Hose have now hit 10 threes in back-to-back games, a first in the program’s Division I era.
• It was PC’s first overtime game since February 24, 2015, when PC defeated Charleston Southern, 56-48, in North Charleston, S.C. The Blue Hose did not play an overtime contest at all last season.
Scouting the Pirates
• East Carolina comes in to Monday’s contest with a 5-2 record after taking of two of three games at the Savannah Invitational.
• Kristen Gaffney and Bre McDonald have been a two-headed scoring threat, averaging 17.6 and 16.0 points per game, respectively, while each averaging more than six rebounds per contest. Gaffney is ECU’s highest percentage shooter, connecting on 61.4 percent of her shots through seven games.
• Once again, PC will face a team that has had no issues scoring, as ECU comes in averaging 73.7 points per game. The Pirates have been efficient in its scoring, shooting 46.0 percent from the field as a team, including 40.4 from behind the arc, while totaling 109 assists.
• The two schools will meet for the fifth in the history of the series with ECU holding a 4-0 advantage all-time. Three of the previous four meetings have been at ECU with the Pirates winning each by 27 points.
• They last met last season with ECU claiming the 84-57 victory in Greenville, N.C. Taylor Petty led PC with 14 points, including a 6-of-7 effort from the free throw line, while the Pirates shot 57.1 percent as a team in the win.
Miles Leading the Team
• Janie Miles leads PC with 11.4 points per game on the season. The junior guard has scored double-digit points in each of the team’s first four games, before reaching just eight points against Texas Southern last week.
• Miles has converted on 22-of-44 shots (50.0 percent), including 9-of-22 (40.9) from behind the three-point line, on the year.
Storey Coming On Offensively
• Cortney Storey has come on offensive for the Blue Hose in their last two games, combining for 39 points, including 26 points against Texas Southern, one shy of her career high.
• On the year, Storey is PC’s second-leading scorer at 10.6 points per game, while leading the Blue Hose in assists (13) and steals (6).
• The junior was a Preseason All-Big South pick after averaging 8.0 points per game and 4.2 assists per game last season.
Next Time Out
• PC’s seven-game road trip continues on Saturday, December 3, at Gonzaga with a matchup set for 5 p.m. ET