Who: Presbyterian (0-3) at Charlotte (2-1)
When: Sunday, November 20 – 2 p.m.
Where: Halton Arena - Charlotte, N.C.
Live Stats: Charlotte49ers.com
Social Media: @BlueHoseWBB (Twitter/Instagram) / @BlueHoseSports
PC Road Trip Continues at Charlotte
• Presbyterian heads to Charlotte on Sunday for the second game of its seven-game road trip.
• It will be PC’s fourth game in 10 days to start the season with three of the four coming on the road.
• PC will not return home until December 22 when its hosts Belmont, marking over a month between home games.
Last Time Out
• PC played a tight game against Virginia Tech on Wednesday night in Blacksburg, Va. but the Hokies were able to pull away later for the 67-36 victory. The Blue Hose led 12-9 with just over eight minutes to play in the second quarter but the Hokies outscored PC, 22-7, to run away with the win.
• Janie Miles once again led the Blue Hose in scoring, totaling 11 points on 4-of-10 shooting, including 3-of-7 from behind the arc. She was the lone PC player to score in double figures and is the only one to do so in every game this season thus far.
• Kaycie Reffner added eight points in the loss, which is tied for the second-highest total of her career, after setting a new career-high of 14 points against USC Upstate on Monday.
• Taylor Petty grabbed a career-high six rebounds in the contest.
Scouting the 49ers
• Charlotte comes in to Sunday’s contest with 2-1 record, after falling to nationally ranked Miami (FL) on Wednesday night in Coral Gables, Fla. The 49ers picked up a win over Big Ten foe Wisconsin to open the season, before topping College of Charleston in its second game.
• They are led by Lefty Webster, who is averaging a team-high 12.0 points per game to go with 8.0 rebounds and a team-best 11 steals. Ciara Gregory is also scoring in double figures, averaging 11.0 points per game with a team-high 10 made three-pointers.
• The 49ers have excelled at blocking shots, swatting 17 through the first three contests, an average of 5.7 blocks per game. They have struggled at the free throw line, making just 26-of-54 from the charity stripe, good for 48.1 percent.
• PC will face Charlotte for the fourth time in the series that dates to 2009. The two have previously on three occassions, all on the road and coming since PC moved to Division I.
• The last meeting came in 2014 with the 49ers earning a 66-50 victory in Charlotte, N.C. The Blue Hose kept things low scoring in the opening half, trailing by just four at 24-20 through the first 20 minutes.
• In that 2014 matchup, Cortney Storey scored a team-high 14 points on 6-of-14 shooting, including 3-of-7 from behind the three-point line. She also added four assists and two steals in the contest.
Miles Leading the Team
• Janie Miles leads PC with 12.3 points per game after its first two contests of the year. The junior guard has scored double-digit points in each of the team’s three games to date with 12 coming against Virginia Tech on Wednesday.
• Miles has converted on 14-of-28 shots (50.0 percent), including 7-of-14 (50.0) from behind the three-point line, on the year.
• Miles was fourth on the squad in scoring last season, averaging 8.0 points per game. She totaled 247 points on the year with 108 points, 43.7 percent of her scoring, coming via the three. Her 36 three-pointers last year were second-most on the team, behind Taylor Petty.
On the Road Again, Again and Again
• Presbyterian is in the midst of a seven-game road trip that will puts it on the road for over a month, before returning home on December 22.
• It is PC’s longest stretch of games away from home since the start of the 2009-10 when the Blue Hose opened the season with eight straight non-home games. Six of the eight were true road games with a pair of neutral site games at the Morehead State Invitational.
• The last time that PC went at least a month between home games came in 2007-08, PC’s first season reclassifying to D1. The Blue Hose did so twice that year, Jan. 8-Feb. 16 (six straight road games) and Nov. 15-Dec. 18 (seven straight road games).
Next Time Out
• PC’s seven-game road trip continues next week as they travel out of the country to play in the Puerto Rico Classic in San Juan, Puerto Rico. The Blue Hose will play just one game there, taking on Texas Southern on November 25 at 5 p.m.