Charleston, S.C. – The Presbyterian College baseball team used a four run third inning in support of Jackson Dean as he tossed his second complete game in three weeks and the Blue Hose picked up a 6-4 victory on Friday night at the CSU Ballpark.
Final Score: Presbyterian 6, Charleston Southern 4
Location: Charleston, S.C. (CSU Ballpark)
Records: Presbyterian (28-27, 15-11 Big South) | Charleston Southern (21-33, 11-15 Big South)
WP: Jackson Dean (6-4) | LP: Cam Weinberger (4-4)
- Jackson Dean continued his dominant work on the mound. He tossed his second complete game in Big South play and struck out four CSU batters improving to 6-4 on the year.
- Over his last four starts, Dean is 3-1 with a 2.18 ERA with 23 strikeouts and a pair of complete games during that stretch.
- Jimmy Marcelli led the Blue Hose offense with three hits for his 21st multiple hit game of the season.
- Zacchaeus Rasberry, in the third inning, tied the team-high with his seventh home run of the year.
- Rasberry also tied the Blue Hose D1 single season record for stolen bases on Friday with his 19th stolen base.
- Ashby Smith with his third inning two-run double registered his ninth multi-RBI game of the campaign.
- Jonathan White matched his season-high nine game hit streak with a single in the third to give PC the lead. White has also reached base safely in 12 consecutive games.
- Tonight’s 15th league win matched the 2017 mark for most league wins by a Blue Hose team.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Buccaneers struck first in the second inning with a solo home run leading off the inning before a two-run single gave the hosts the 3-0 lead.
- Rasberry got the Blue Hose on the board in the third with a solo home run to left center before a two-run double from Smith evens the game up at three apiece.
- PC got the lead from a White RBI single back up the middle to take a 4-3 lead.
- In the fourth, Matt Burke picked up an RBI bunt single before an RBI single from Jimmy Marcelli and that made it 6-3 Blue Hose.
- The Bucs got a run back in the fourth with a solo home run to make it 6-4 but CSU got no closer as Dean finished off the complete game.
- The Blue Hose wrap up the 2019 regular season on Saturday afternoon with a 2 p.m. first pitch against Charleston Southern.