Statesboro, Ga. – The Presbyterian College baseball team was unable to overcome an eight run eighth inning as the host Georgia Southern rallied to pick up a 10-5 victory over the Blue Hose on Tuesday night at J.I. Clements Stadium.
Final Score: Georgia Southern 10, Presbyterian 5
Location: Statesboro, Ga. (J.I. Clements Stadium)
Records: Presbyterian (11-18) | Georgia Southern (15-13)
WP: Cole Whitney (2-2) | LP: Grayson Stoneking (0-2)
- Jonathan White paced the Blue Hose offensive attack as he matched his season-high with three hits.
- Johnny Cook and Jeremiah Boyd each added a pair of hits in the contest as Boyd added his fourth double of the season.
- Zacchaeus Rasberry and Ashby Smith each had a pair of RBIs for Presbyterian.
- White had his ninth multi-hit game of the season for the Blue Hose.
- Smith picked up his first multiple RBI game of his Presbyterian career with his two-run single.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Blue Hose struck first in the third inning with an RBI single off the bat of Rasberry to make it 1-0.
- PC extended its lead in the fourth with a two-run single off the bat of Ashby Smith to make it 3-0 before Rasberry added a sacrifice fly to right field to make it 4-0 thru 3.5.
- Presbyterian added a run in the fifth to push the lead to 5-0.
- Georgia Southern pushed across a run in its half of the fifth on an RBI groundout to make it 5-1 after five innings.
- The Eagles took advantage of a Blue Hose error in the sixth to push across a run and make it 5-2.
- The hosts rallied in the eighth inning as they plated eight runs in the frame to take a 10-5 lead they would take the midweek victory.
- The Blue Hose return home to battle UNC Asheville in a three game series at the PC Baseball Complex beginning on Friday at 3 p.m. All three games in the series will be shown on ESPN+.