Buies Creek, N.C. – The Presbyterian College baseball team couldn’t overcome the Camels big fifth inning as the hosts completed a three-game sweep of the Blue Hose with a 11-4 victory on Sunday at Jim Perry Stadium.
Final Score: Campbell 11, Presbyterian 4
Location: Buies Creek, N.C. (Jim Perry Stadium)
Records: Presbyterian (11-17, 4-5 Big South) at Campbell (17-10, 8-1 Big South)
WP: Logan Heintzman (1-1) | LP: Reagan Fowler (2-4)
- Zacchaeus Rasberry, Jonathan White and Johnny Cook paced the offense with two hits apiece as Cook and White each had a double.
- White had a pair of RBIs in the first on a single while Nick Guimbarda and Cook each had runs driven in.
- Rasberry picked up his 10th multi-hit game of the season as White added his eighth and Cook his fourth of the 2019 season.
- White has hits in each of his last five games as he is hitting 8-for-17 during that stretch.
- Rasberry for the series hit 7-for-11 which included a pair of hits in each of the contests with the Camels.
- Jonathan White with his stolen base in the third earned his team-high seventh of the season.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- PC jumped out quickly in the opening half inning as White lined a two-run single to centerfield to score Hunter Grover and Nick Guimbarda as the Blue Hose grabbed the 2-0 lead.
- Campbell picked up an RBI single in the second to cut the Presbyterian lead in half.
- The Blue Hose added a run in the third with a sacrifice fly off the bat of Johnny Cook to give PC a 3-1 lead.
- The hosts scratched across a run in the fourth on an RBI double to right field to make it 3-2 PC.
- Campbell evened it up in the fourth on an RBI double to make it 3-3.
- The Camels used the power of a pair of RBI singles and a grand slam in the fifth to take an 8-3 lead.
- Presbyterian picked up a run in the sixth on an RBI groundout from Guimbarda to make it 8-4.
- The hosts added a pair of runs in the sixth with an RBI single and a sacrifice fly to extend the lead back out to 10-4 lead.
- Campbell picked up an RBI single in the eighth to give the hosts the 11-4 win.
- The Blue Hose hit the road for a Tuesday night matchup against Georgia Southern with first pitch set for 6 p.m. with the Eagles.