Buies Creek, N.C. – The Presbyterian College baseball team was unable to overcome a pair of runs in the seventh from the Camels as the hosts picked up a 3-2 victory in Saturday’s contest at Jim Perry Stadium
Final Score: Campbell 3, Presbyterian 2
Location: Buies Creek, N.C. (Jim Perry Stadium)
Records: Presbyterian (11-16, 4-4 Big South) at Campbell (16-10, 7-1 Big South)
WP: Michael Horrell (4-1) | LP: Johnny Cook (1-1)
- Zacchaeus Rasberry led the Blue Hose offense with a season-high three hits. Rasberry reached base safely in all four plate appearances in Saturdays contest.
- Jonathan White, Nick Guimbarda and Johnny Cook and Michael Varga each added hits for the Blue Hose.
- Rasberry had his ninth multi-hit game of the season on Saturday which sits second on the team behind Jimmy Marcelli with 11 games.
- Cook tossed a career-high four innings of relief.
- Varga extended his reached base streak to a team-high six with his double in the seventh inning.
- Rasberry has a team-high .389 average over his last five games.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Camels got on the board in the third with a two-out RBI single to the shortstop that plated a run for the early 1-0 advantage.
- PC got on the board in the sixth following a pair of hits from Rasberry and White, Guimbarda drilled a ball to second that Campbell couldn’t handle and allowed Rasberry to score.
- The Blue Hose added a run on a double play ball to make it 2-1 thru five and half innings.
- Campbell answered in the seventh with an RBI double before a solo home run down the left field line gave the hosts a 3-2 lead thru seven innings and were able to hold onto the victory.
- The Blue Hose conclude their three-game series with the Camels on Sunday afternoon with first pitch set for 2 p.m.