Buies Creek, N.C. – The Presbyterian College baseball team rallied with two in the ninth before falling 5-3 to Campbell on Friday night at Jim Perry Stadium.
Final Score: Campbell 5, Presbyterian 3
Location: Buies Creek, N.C. (Jim Perry Stadium)
Records: Presbyterian (11-15, 4-3 Big South) at Campbell (15-10, 6-1 Big South)
WP: Seth Johnson (2-2) | LP: Eric Miles (3-2)
- Zacchaeus Rasberry led the offense with a pair of hits including a ninth inning triple that started the rally.
- Jonathan White, Nick Guimbarda, Jimmy Marcelli, Johnny Cook and Garrett Jones each had hits as Marcelli and Cook added RBIs.
- Marcelli extended his reached base streak to five games in a row with his ninth inning hit.
- White, Guimbarda and Marcelli all extended their respective hit streaks to three games in a row for a team-high.
- The Blue Hose bullpen of Clark Dearman, Grayson Stoneking and Matt Norton combined to toss 3.0 shutout innings with three punchouts allowing only one Camel to reach base.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Campbell pushed across a pair of runs in the first inning on an RBI single and scored on a Blue Hose double play to give the hosts an early 2-0 lead.
- The Camels added three runs on a pair of RBI singles before scoring on a PC error to make it 5-0 thru three innings.
- The Blue Hose pushed across a run in the seventh with an RBI single from Cook to make it 5-1 Campbell.
- In the ninth, following a leadoff triple from Rasberry the Blue Hose plated a run on a sacrifice fly from Jonathan White to make it 5-2.
- Jimmy Marcelli added an RBI single to make it a 5-3 game before the Camels shut the door to get the victory.
- The Blue Hose continue their three-game series with the Camels as the two teams have a 3:00 p.m. first pitch Saturday on ESPN+.