Davidson, N.C. – The Presbyterian College baseball team was defeated in midweek action against Davidson as the host Wildcats earned a 4-1 victory against the Blue Hose on Tuesday night at Wilson Field.
Final Score: Davidson 4, Presbyterian 1
Location: Davidson, N.C. (Wilson Field)
Records: Presbyterian (8-13) | Davidson (10-6)
WP: Blake Hely (1-1) | LP: Jackson Dean (1-3) | Save: Gabe Levy (3)
- Jonathan White led the Blue Hose offense with a perfect 3-for-3 night including a double and his fifth stolen base of the season.
- White’s three hits matched a new season-high for the Blue Hose senior.
- Zacchaeus Rasberry added a pair of base hits for his seventh multi-hit game of the season.
- Clark Dearman had three strikeouts in three innings of relief to match his season-high for strikeouts.
- In the fifth inning, Nick Guimbarda added his team-high seventh double of the season.
- Luke Matthews with a single in the seventh extended his reached base streak to a team-high five games in a row. Matthews also has hits in each of his last three games as well.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Davidson got on the board first as it took advantage of a Blue Hose error to plate two runs on an RBI single followed up by an RBI double to make it 2-0 after two innings.
- The Wildcats extended their lead to 3-0 in the third with a sacrifice fly that scored a run.
- Davidson extended its lead to 4-0 with a two out RBI double to push the lead out to four runs.
- PC got on the board in the seventh as Michael Varga reached base on a passed ball strikeout which was followed by a Luke Matthews RBI single. With Nick Guimbarda batting, both Matthews and Varga advanced on a wild pitch and a Wildcat error allowed Varga to score a run and make it 4-1.
- The Blue Hose return home for another Big South series as they welcome in Gardner-Webb for a three-game series beginning on Friday afternoon at 3 p.m. on ESPN+. All three games will be shown on ESPN+ for the Gardner-Webb series.