• Who: Presbyterian (18-16) vs. Western Carolina (15-15)
• When: Tuesday – 3 p.m.
• Where: PC Baseball Complex – Clinton, S.C.
• Live Stats: GoBlueHose.com
• Live Stats: Big South Network
• Social Media – @PresbyterianBSB (Twitter) | @BlueHoseSports (Twitter/Instagram)
• Admission is free
Series History (since 2008)
• Overall - WCU leads 2-1
• at PC - PC leads 1-0
• The Blue Hose enter Tuesday’s contest having won four straight and six of its last seven.
• PC and Western Carolina have met three times in the history of the two programs entering Tuesday’s matchup. WCU took the lone meeting between the two last year with a 10-9 win in Cullowhee, N.C.
• PC leads the Big South hits (302) and sac bunts (32), while ranking third in batting average (.267). The Blue Hose also place second in the league in ERA (4.44) and opponent batting average (.254), while ranking tied for third in strikeouts (258).
• The Blue Hose rank ninth nationally in sac bunts, while coming in 83 in hits and 91st in hits allowed per nine innings (8.74).
Scouting Western Carolina
• The Catamounts enter Tuesday’s contest with a six-game winning streak, after sweeps of The Citadel and ETSU leading to a 15-15 overall record and a 7-2 mark in SoCon play.
• WCU is batting .297 as a team with 57 doubles and 24 home runs on the season to go with 30 stolen bases. Bryson Bowman leads the way with a .342 average, five home runs and 29 RBIs.
• On the bump, Western has struggled bit, compiling a 6.25 ERA with opposing hitters reaching a .291 average against them.
Players Rank in Big South and Nationally
• Cletis Avery and Tyler Weyenberg are tied for third in the Big South in sac bunts with seven apiece, which also ranks 25th nationally.
• Avery is second in the conference in stolen bases (15) and ranks 23rd nationally.
• Brian Kehner leads the Big South in strikeout-to-walk ratio (8.00) and walks allowed per nine innings (0.98). He ranks 14th and 16th in the nation in two categories, respectively. • Kehner has totaled a conference-leading 48 strikeouts, while Hayden Deal has 47 to rank second in the league.
• Ryan Hedrick is second in the Big South in saves (5) and ranks 58th nationally.
• AJ Priaulx is sixth in the league with a .340 batting avg.
• Nick Guimbarda is fifth in the Big South in doubles (9).
• Deal, Kehner and Eric Miles each have three wins on the season, tied for sixth in the Big South.
Real Deal at Winthrop
• Senior lefty Hayden Deal recorded his first complete game on Sunday against the Eagles, allowing just one run on one hit with seven strikeouts against one walk.
• The one hit for Winthrop as the fewest by opponent since 2011, when PC held Wofford to just one hit.
• Deal retired 12 of the first 13 that he faced, including 10 straight at one point, and faced just one over the minimum from the sixth inning on.
• The lefty earned his third win of the season to tie for the team lead and helped PC complete a road sweep of Winthrop.
Priaulx Heating Up
• Junior first baseman AJ Priaulx put together a nice week at the plate last week, going 6-for-16 (.375) with three runs, two doubles, a homer and six RBIs to lead the team to a 4-0 week.
• Priaulx recorded a hit and an RBI in all four games, including two multi-hit games and two multi-RBI games.
• He hit his second home run of the season on Tuesday at NC Central with a two-run shot that put PC in front 7-3 at the time.
• The lefty continues to lead the team with a .340 average on the year, while tying for team lead in extra-ase hits (12) and RBIs (21).
Avery on 10-Game Hitting Streak
• Senior Cletis Avery is in the midst of a 10-game hitting streak, going 13-for-40 (.325) with a double, a triple, a homer, nine runs and eight RBIs.
• The right-handed hitter has raised his average to .266 on the year with hitting streak, while also going 5-for-5 on stolen base attempts over the 10-game stretch.
• On the season now, Avery has stolen 15 bases on the season to lead the team and rank third in the Big South in that category. He is also tied for second on the team in RBIs (18).
Casaceli Collecting Hits
• Senior Glen Casaceli had hit safely in nine straight games, before going hitless on Saturday against Winthrop.
• The third baseman was 12-for-27 (.444) over his the nine-game streak with four walks, two doubles, six runs and three RBIs.
• He has raised his average from .196 to .282 during the nine-game streak.
• Casaceli batted out of the leadoff spot at NC Central for the first time this season, going 2-for-5 with a double and a run scored.
Close Games the Norm
• PC has already played 14 one-run games with seven others decided by three runs or less.
• The Blue Hose are 8-6 in one-run games with a 13-9 record in all games decided three runs or less.
• Six of PC’s nine Big South games to start the season have been decided by three runs or less, including all three games against Radford.