CLINTON, S.C. – The Presbyterian College men’s tennis team split a pair of matches on Saturday at the Templeton Tennis Courts, falling to No. 53 Georgia State, 6-1, before topping Brevard, 6-0. PC earns its 11th win of the year.
PC seniors Danny Bruce, P.H. Broyhill and Steven Weaver were honored following the later match against Brevard. Bruce went 2-0 in singles on the day, while Weaver and Broyhill each earned wins in singles over Brevard in the second match.
The Blue Hose fell to the ranked Georgia State squad in the first match of the day with Bruce winning the lone match. He took a three-set victory at No. 3, 4-6, 6-1, 6-4, to earn his 12th victory of the year, before getting No. 13 with the later match victory. Four of the six singles matches went to three sets in the match with the Panthers.
In the second match, PC swept all seven matches for a 6-0 victory. Bruce and Alexander Lykou won 6-2 at No. 1 in doubles and Broyhill and Weaver followed with 6-2 win at No. 2. PC took all five matches in straight sets
The Blue Hose return to action on Monday with a conference match against Longwood at 3 p.m. at the Templeton Tennis Courts.
No. 53 Georgia State 6, Presbyterian 1
1. Koeke,Jannis (GAST) def. Alexander Lykou (PC) 6-1, 6-3
2. Kennedy,Zackery (GAST) def. Alejandro Bejar (PC) 6-7, 6-3, 6-3
3. Danny Bruce (PC) def. Andrukhou,Andrei (GAST) 4-6, 6-1, 6-4
4. Acuna,Sebastian (GAST) def. Brandon Mills (PC) 6-2, 3-6, 6-3
5. MacFarlane,Jack (GAST) def. Joel Roberts (PC) 6-4, 4-6, 6-3
6. Jaworski,Felipe (GAST) def. Will Baird (PC) 6-0, 6-2
1. Acuna,Sebastian/Andrukhou,Andrei (GAST) def. Brandon Mills/Alexander Lykou (PC) 6-4
2. Danny Bruce/Joel Roberts (PC) def. Kennedy,Zackery/MacFarlane,Jack (GAST) 6-2
3. Jaworski,Felipe/Koeke,Jannis (GAST) def. Will Baird/Steven Weaver (PC) 6-2
Presbyterian 6, Brevard 0
1. Danny Bruce (PC) def. David Taggart (BRE) 6-1, 6-4
2. Alejandro Bejar (PC) def. Tom Mittring (BRE) 6-1, 6-1
3. Will Baird (PC) def. Tim Hengst (BRE) 6-1, 6-4
4. Steven Weaver (PC) def. Christoph Plasa (BRE) 6-1, 6-1
5. P.H. Broyhill (PC) def. Dan Taylor (BRE) 6-2, 6-0