PC Postgame Notes at Coastal Carolina
* Darrell Bridges eclipsed the century mark for the fourth time this season, rushing 32 times for 186 yards and one touchdown. His 186 rushing yards is the second-highest single-game total in PC (Div. I) history, trailing only Lance Byrd’s 274 rushing yards against Charleston Southern in 2009.
* Bridges is the first player with four 100-yard rushing games in a season since Lance Byrd had four such games in 2011.
* PC forced its 11th fumble of the season in today’s game. The Blue Hose entered play today leading the Big South in the category.
* Ed Britt recorded his third interception of the season with a pick in the third quarter. He now has six career interceptions, which moves him in to sole possession of second place in PC history. He needs just one interception to tie former PC standout and current Arizona Cardinal Justin Bethel for the PC career record in INTs.
* Kaleb Griffin made his first start of the season and the 11th of his career in today’s game. He completed 13-of-26 pass attempts for 157 yards in his first action of the season.
* PC totaled a season-high 348 yards of total offense in today’s game. That is the most yards of total offense by the Blue Hose since totaling 415 against Monmouth last season, a span of eight games.
* PC also rushed for a season-high 191 yards in the game. That is the most since amassing 232 rushing yards against Coastal Carolina in Clinton last season. It was also the most rushing yards allowed by Coastal Carolina this season.