Who: Presbyterian (2-12, 1-4 BSC) vs. Longwood (5-10, 1-4 BSC)
When: Thursday, April 20 – 4 p.m. ET
Where: Martin Stadium – Clinton, S.C.
Watch: Big South Network
Live Stats: StatBroadcast Live
Social Media: @PCWomensLax (Twitter/Instagram) / @pcwomenslax
PC squares off against the Lancers Thursday
• The Presbyterian College women’s lacrosse team hosts Longwood this Thursday, April 20 in a 4 p.m. ET Big South game at Martin Stadium.
Last Time Out
• The No. 20 Duke Blue Devils took the non-conference meeting against PC on Monday evening with a 21-1 final at Koskinen Stadium.
• Kathleen Gerrits scored a free-position shot for PC’s lone goal. The junior also had a draw control.
• Maura Talvacchia finished with four ground balls and six caused turnovers. The senior now has 223 career caused turnovers and needs 13 more to claim the NCAA record.
• Kayla Koch played the opening half, recording three saves on 17 shots (17.6 save percentage) with four ground balls.
• Duke outshot PC (29-4), picked up more ground balls (27-22), won more draw controls (18-6), committed fewer turnovers (22-28), completed more clears (13-11), and took more free-position shots (4-2). The Blue Hose made more saves (5-2).
• The Blue Hose are second in the Big South and ninth in the nation in ground balls per game (22.29). The team ranks third in the conference in caused turnovers per game (10.29) and saves percentage (38.8).
• Talvacchia leads the nation in caused turnovers per game (3.93) and is third in ground balls per game (4.21).
• Koch leads the nation in ground balls per game (4.43) and is first in the conference in total saves (126) and saves per game (9.00).
Scouting the Lancers
• Winthrop spoiled Senior Day for the Lancers as five different Eagles scored four goals each in a 21-7 final last Saturday.
• Lexi Davis led the Lancers with two goals on as many shots with a pair of assists. Kaitlin Luccarelli also netted two goals on six shots. She added two ground balls and two draw controls. Dana Joss picked up four ground balls with two caused turnovers and three draw controls. Goalie Chelsea DiIonno took the loss, allowing nine goals with a save and a ground ball.
• The Eagles outshot the Lancers (32-18), put more shots on goal (27-12), committed fewer turnovers (14-18), completed more clears (15-9), collected more ground balls (20-19), won more draw controls (18-12), and took more free-position shots (7-4). Longwood tallied more saves (6-5).
• Luccarelli leads the team with 41 points (28 goals, 13 assists). Stephanie Roberts is the top scorer with 31 goals.
• Molly Barkman is the draw specialist (66 draw controls), while Madelyn Rollins has caused a team-high 28 turnovers.
• In goal, Imani West has made 15 appearances and owns a 5-8 record. The junior has recorded 126 saves this season with a 40.6 save percentage.
• Longwood was picked to finish fifth in the Preseason Coaches’ Poll , with Madison Stair earning Preseason All-Conference honors.
• The Lancers rank third in the Big South and 14th in the nation in shot percentage (46.8). The team is third in the conference and 22nd in the nation in assists per game (6.53). Lastly, Longwood ranks third in the conference in free-position percentage (41.8) and turnovers per game (18.20).
• Stephanie Roberts leads the conference and is 22nd in the nation in shot percentage (57.4).
• Imani West ranks second in the Big South in save percentage (41.1), total saves (124), and saves per game (8.86).
• Madelynn Rollins is third in the conference in caused turnovers per game (1.87).
• Cassie Angeles ranks third in the Big South in free-position percentage (53.3).
• Thursday’s game marks the 10th meeting between the two programs, with Longwood holding a 9-0 record.
• The teams last met on March 26 last season to open Big South play. The Lancers won by a final score of 20-4
• Longwood led 9-3 at the break and scored 10 straight in the second half.
• Cady Roberts led the Blue Hose with a goal and an assist, while Natalie Barnett, Alexandra Cole, and Jess Goergen each contributed a goal. Sophia Cuzzupe and Lee-Ann Salim split time in goal. Cuzzupe recorded eight saves and Salim made two.Next Time Out
• The Blue Hose conclude the regular season this Saturday, April 22 as the team heads north to High Point, N.C. for a conference game against the Panthers. First draw is scheduled for 1 p.m. ET at the Witcher Athletic Center.