Clinton, S.C. – The Presbyterian College women’s basketball team hits the road to face the first place Liberty Flames on Saturday afternoon at 2:00 p.m. in the Vines Center.
Who: Presbyterian (7-13, 4-5 BSC) at Liberty (13-8, 8-1 BSC)
When: Saturday, February 3 – 2:00 p.m.
Where: Lynchburg, Va. – Vines Center (9,547)
Watch: Big South Network
Last Time Out
- The Blue Hose fell in heartbreaking fashion on Tuesday night to the Charleston Southern Buccaneers by a 64-61 score.
- Storey recorded two steals to reach 200 for her career and became the first player in PC history with 1,000 points, 400 assists and 200 steals over the course of their career.
- The Blue Hose made 12 three-pointers for a third straight game and fifth straight game with 10+ three-pointers.
Blue Hose Offensive Notes
- PC is averaging 60.4 points per game this season on 37.7 percent shooting from the field, 32.3 percent from three and a Big South leading 76.4 percent from the charity stripe. The Blue Hose are 7-0 this season when scoring at least 65 points.
- Presbyterian scored 75+ points in back to back games vs Winthrop and UNC Asheville. This was the first time scoring 75+ in consecutive games against Division I opposition in the Division I era. It had previously scored 75+ in back to back games vs Columbia College and Montreat in the 2011-12 season.
- The Blue Hose average a Big South leading 9.2 three-point makes per game, that ranks number 13 in the country.
- 20 games into the season and the Blue Hose have already made 184 three-point baskets which ranks as the third most in a single season in the Division I era, the Blue Hose still have a minimum of 10 games to play. They are on pace to make 276 three-pointers which would break the record of 230 set last season.
- The 32.3 percent from three is the second highest rate in program history. The record of 38.0 percent was done in 2012-13, a season they only shot 366 threes compared to already having taken 569 threes this season.
- The Blue Hose rank in the top 50 nationally in two categories, three-point makes per game (9.2) is number 13 and free throw percentage (76.4) is number 23.
- The Blue Hose have improved in free throw percentage each of the last four seasons, 68.2 in ‘14-15, 72.7 in ‘15-16, 74.9 in ‘16-17 and 76.4 this season.
- PC has overcome 10-plus point deficits to win three of its seven games. It was down 14 in the win over Furman, down 11 in the comeback vs Campbell and down 15 on two occasions in the first half at UNC Asheville, however, it led the majority of the second half as the game was tied 38-38 at half.
- When PC scored 83 points at USC Upstate it tied the ninth most points in a single game with the 83 scored vs Truett-McConnell on 12/16/13.
- Six of the top seven performances in made three-pointers have come this season. It tied the record of 15 vs. Furman on 12/30, made 14 which is tied-third vs. Gardner-Webb on 1/16, 13 vs. Liberty 1/2 which is tied-fifth, 12 vs Winthrop on 1/23, at UNC Asheville 1/27 and vs Charleston Southern 1/30 all of which are tied-seventh.
- The Blue Hose set a program record for three-point percentage when they made 61.1 percent of their three-pointers (11-18) versus Upstate (11/15).
- The Blue Hose set a new record for made free throws in a game when they went 30-34 vs North Carolina Central.
- Presbyterian recorded season highs in assists with 23 and steals with 15 in the Winthrop game. The 23 assists rank as the fifth most in a single game in PC Division I history while the 15 steals are the sixth most.
- Storey set a PC Division I record vs Winthrop (1/23) when she recorded 14 assists, this was the most assists by anyone in the Big South this season. It is also tied-seventh most in a single game this season nationally.
- Storey set a PC individual record for made free throws with 17 vs NC Central, the previous record had been 11. The 17 free throws made is tied-seventh nationally in made free throw in a game this season. She also tied her personal high and school record with 27 points at USC Upstate.
- Versus Gardner-Webb (1/16), at UNC Asheville (1/27) and vs Charleston Southern 1/30 Storey came within one assist of her second career double-double as she finished with 10 points and nine assists vs GWU, 19 points and nine assists at Asheville and 12 points, nine assists vs Charleston Southern. Her first double-double was at UNCG in 2016-17 when she scored 19 points and 10 assists.
- Kacie Hall scored 23 points on 9-15 shooting and 4-7 from three vs Campbell (1/13). The nine made field goals were a career high. She followed that up with 20 points vs Gardner-Webb (1/16) on five made threes.
- Ericka Blackwell-Boyden scored a career high 15 points versus UNCG (12/21) on 70.0 percent shooting from the field.
- Miles is in the midst of the best five game stretch of her career as she averages 15.0 points per game over the last five. She is just four points shy of 1,000.
- Riley Hemm in her lone start of the season scored 12 points with five rebounds and two assists versus NC Central (12/17) all three figures are career highs.
- Virola had her best game of the season versus Winthrop as she was two rebounds shy of a double-double with 13 points and eight rebounds. This was her first double figure effort of the season. She made her first start of the season at UNC Asheville and scored eight points with four rebounds in 18 minutes.
- Freshmen have recorded nine double figure scoring efforts this season led by Tamminen’s four and Santos’s two. Five different freshmen have contributed a game with 10+ points.
- The highest scoring individual game by a freshman is the 19 points that Santos scored vs Liberty, she also most recently scored 10 vs Charleston Southern. Santos was named Freshman of the Week (1/29) for her 6.5 points, 5.0 rebounds and 2.0 steals per game in two wins over Winthrop and at UNC Asheville.
- Macee Tamminen scored a career high 18 points and three steals vs Gardner-Webb (1/16). This was her freshman leading fourth double figure scoring effort. She ranks fourth on the team scoring 5.2 points per game all off the bench, and is a two time Big South Freshman of the Week, (1/2) and (1/22).
1,000 Point Scorers
- Storey surpassed the 1,000-point mark in the NC Central game when she scored on a fast break lay-up. She became the third member of the Division I era of PC basketball to reach 1,000 points and number 111 in Big South history including the fourth to do it this season. She currently sits at 1,173 points following the Charleston So. game.
- Miles is next in line for the Blue Hose as she now has 996 points following the Charleston Southern game. She should surpass 1,000 points at Liberty.
- Currently five Big South players have reached 1,000 points this season, including Storey and five more are within range of reaching that milestone this season, including Miles.
Storey Setting Records
- Storey is averaging career highs in points with 14.9, assists at 6.2, field goal percentage at 46.8, free throw percentage at 85.2 and minutes per game at 38.5. Her 6.2 assists per game is 20th nationally and 38.5 minutes is seventh nationally.
- 9 points per game rank as the best in PC Division I history, 6.2 assists per game is the best in PC history, 124 assists already rank as the third best total for a single season. She also averages 2.0 steals per game which is tied-fourth best average in a season.
- All four of Storey’s assist totals will rank in the top 10 in PC Division I history. 137 in 2016-17 is currently first followed by 126 in 2015-16 ranking second and this season’s 124 is third. The 83 she had as a freshman is still the seventh best total.
- Storey has 1,173 points which is six points shy of Karlee Taylor’s 1,179 for second place. Her 399 made field goals are the second most behind Mariah Pietrowski’s 506. She is already first with 1,002 career shot attempts.
- Storey now has 470 career assists, 140 more than Dria David who is second. Her 4.2 career assists per game average is 0.8 more than the second place Amy Jones who averaged 3.4 over the course of 26 games at the Division I level. She is now third in all-time PC history, 48 shy of Barbara Frady’s 518 which is second.
- She is second in career steals at the Division I level with 200, 23 behind David’s 223. She is eighth in all-time PC history. Storey is the first player in PC history to record 1,000 points, 400 assists and 200 steals over the course of a career.
Miles Having Career Year
- Miles is having her best season statistically in a number of categories: scoring (10.5), three-point field goal percentage (42.0), free throw percentage (77.4), rebounding (3.9), assists per game (2.5) and minutes per game (30.8).
- Miles is approaching a couple of milestone numbers as well as she has 996 points, 4 shy of 1,000 and 192 assists just eight shy of 200. If she can reach those numbers she will be just the second Blue Hose player of the Division I era with 1,000 points and 200 assists along with classmate, Storey.
- Miles currently has the fourth best three-point field goal percentage in a season at 42.0 (47-112). Her 42.0 percent three-point percentage is ranked number 40 nationally and first in the Big South.
- For her career she ranks in the top 10 of PC Division I history in a number of categories: Points (996) is currently fourth, points per game (8.8) is eighth, fourth in made field goals (329), second in made three-pointers (178), third in three-point percentage (36.6), fifth in made free throws (160), fifth in assists (192) and fourth in steals (125).
Storey Named Preseason All-Conference
- Senior PG Storey has been named to 2017-18 Big South Preseason All-Conference team. She was the 2014-15 Freshman of the Year, 2015-16 Big South Honorable Mention and 2016-17 Big South Second Team honoree.
- Storey is the first preseason honoree since Karlee Taylor in 2013-14.
Blue Hose Go for 10+ Again
- PC enters this season with three straight 10+ win Big South campaigns. The Blue Hose have achieved that feat four of the last five seasons overall.
- Overall they have won 10+ conference games in 13 of the last
- 30 seasons with nine coming as members of the South Atlantic Conference and four in the Big South.
Blue Hose vs the Flames
- PC and Liberty have met 20 times with Liberty leading the series 15-5. The Blue Hose have won three of the last five overall.
- In the first meeting this season Liberty won 76-64 in the Templeton Center. Santos had the big performance as she scored a career high 19 points on 5-5 shooting from the field including 3-3 from distance and 6-6 from the charity stripe. She did not miss a shot that night.