What: Big South Men’s Soccer Tournament Quarterfinals
Who: Presbyterian College Blue Hose (5-8-3, 3-3-2) at Campbell Camels (9-6-3, 5-2-1)
When: Sunday, November 5 – 7:00 p.m.
Where: Eakes Athletics Complex – Buies Creek, N.C.
Social Media: @BlueHoseSoccer
Last Time vs. the Camels:
- On the Blue Hose Senior Day on October 21 PC scored a Division I era record five goals and shutout the Camels 5-0.
- Senior Steven Huppe scored his first two goals of the season on that day.
- Connor Behrend posted his fourth shutout of the season that day.
Vannier Sets Freshman Record:
- Clement Vannier scored his team high fifth goal of the season on Wednesday night at UNC Asheville.
- With five goals he has now scored the most goals by a freshman in a single season since the Blue Hose moved to Division I.
- His 12 total points are also a freshman record.
PC in Big South Tournament:
- The Blue Hose will be making their third trip to the Big South Tournament and second straight.
- They have a 1-1-1 record in their three games.
- PC defeated Liberty 2-1 last season before falling in PK’s to Radford.
Blue Hose Team Notes:
- PC is averaging a Division I era record 1.31 goals per game this season while surrendering 1.25 goals per game.
- The Blue Hose 59 points as a team is the second most since moving to Division I. They finished 2016 with 62.
- Five different players have recorded multiple goals this season and 11 have recorded at least one goal.
- 14 players have recorded a point this season.
- The Blue Hose are fifth in the Big South in goals per game average (1.31).
- PC is fifth in assists per game as well (1.06).
- Presbyterian is fourth in the Big South in goals against average (1.20).
Blue Hose Individual Notes:
- Vannier leads PC in both goals (5) and total points (12).
- Behrend leads the Blue Hose in goals against average at a 1.09 clip, 51 saves and a .761 save percentage. He has four shutouts and a 5-6-3 record.
- Vannier is tied-tenth in the Big South in points (12), and goals (5).
- Behrend is fourth in the Big South in goals against average (1.09), third in save percentage (.761) fifth in saves per game (3.64) and fourth in shutouts (4).
Scouting the Camels:
- Campbell is 9-6-3 overall this season and led by third year head coach Dustin Fonder.
- They finished the regular season with a 5-2-1 conference record and the number three seed.
- The Camels score 1.22 goals per game and surrender 1.44 goals per game.
- JJ Donnelly has scored 13 of the 22 goals and Gabe Parrish has a team high seven assists.
- Matthew Mozynski has played all 1726:19 minutes in goal this season recording a 1.36 goals against average with a .743 save percentage.
- Campbell leads the series 4-3-0, however the Blue Hose have won two in a row in the series.