Clinton, S.C. – The Blue Hose (3-13, 1-8 Big South) fell to the High Point Panthers (10-7-1, 7-1-1 Big South) by a 2-0 score on Senior Day at Martin Stadium in Clinton on Saturday night.
How it happened:
High Point would take a 1-0 lead just 10:15 minutes into the game after Michele Miccichie collected a cross from Bailey Beattie. High Point would add to their lead 27 minutes later at the 37:15 mark when Paige Rombach collected a loose ball in a scrum and snuck it into the goal.
The Blue Hose had their best chance to score when Preston Robinette and Louise McGirt both took back to back shots within a minute of each other. Both were shots on goal that High Point goal keeper Alex Hank was able to save.
Kristen Bane would later get a great look at the goal when she took a corner kick by McGirt and headed the ball into the goal but Hank was able to come up with another save.
Presbyterian College would record a second half shutout. Anna Coleman played in goal in the second half for the fourth straight game. She recorded four saves.
- The Blue Hose and Panthers each took nine second half shots.
- Neither team took any corner kicks in the first half and both had three in the second half.
- Nine individuals finished the season with a goal or assist.
- Three different Blue Hose goal keepers finished the season with a result.
- 12 of Whitesides 24 shots were on goal.