Who: Presbyterian (11-17, 9-8) at Longwood (4-24, 1-16)
When: Saturday, March 4 – 2 p.m. ET
Where: Willett Hall – Farmville, Va.
Watch: Big South Network
Live Stats: Sidearm Stats
Social Media: @BlueHoseWBB (Twitter/Instagram) / @BlueHoseSports
Blue Hose conclude regular season at Longwood
• PC makes the trip north to Farmville, Va. as the Blue Hose wrap up the regular season with a 2 p.m. ET conference game at Longwood this Saturday, March 4.
• The Blue Hose earned a 65-55 victory over the Lancers on January 3 to start Big South play.
Last Time Out
• PC won on Senior Day as the Blue Hose defeated Winthrop 64-50 Monday night at the Templeton Center.
• The Blue Hose were paced by Cortney Storey’s 19 points. The junior guard shot 8-for-13 from the field, including 1-for-3 from beyond the arc, and 2-for-2 from the free-throw line. She pulled down six rebounds and added five assists, a block, and a steal.
• PC outscored Winthrop 19-5 in the third quarter. The Blue Hose scored 10 unanswered to take back the lead for good.
• PC shot 23-of-68 (33.8 percent) from the field, 7-of-33 (21.2 percent) from deep, and 11-of-12 (91.7 percent) from the charity stripe.
• With the win, PC swept the conference series for just the second time in the all-time series. The Blue Hose earned a pair of wins against the Eagles last season.
PC Rankings in the Big South
• Presbyterian leads the conference in free-throw percentage (76.9) and three-point field goals made (207) and ranks second in turnover margin (+2.43).
Scouting the Lancers
• Micaela Ellis became the first player in Longwood’s DI era to join the all-time top-10 single season assists leaders, but a balanced High Point effort led the Panthers past the Lancers 81-60 Monday night at the Millis Center.
• Eboni Gilliam is averaging 10.3 points and leads the Lancers on the glass with 155 total rebounds. Kate Spradlin and Jada Russell have 35 and 33 three-pointers on the year respectively.
• The Lancers rank sixth in the Big South in assists (11.2 per game) and are seventh in steals (6.9 per game). Longwood is shooting 35.4 percent from the field, 27.5 percent from long range, and 64.6 percent from the line.
• Saturday marks the 15th meeting between the programs. PC has won seven straight and owns a slight 4-3 advantage at Willett Hall.
• PC opened up conference play with a 65-55 home win over the Lancers on January 3.
• Taylor Petty led the charge, scoring 15 points with six rebounds. The sophomore guard shot 4-for-10 from the floor, including 3-of-8 from beyond the arc, and converted 4-of-5 charity attempts. She added three steals on defense.
• Miles and Storey also reached double-digit scoring with 11 points each.
• PC scored more points off turnovers (24-19), scored more second-chance points (10-4), and had more fast-break points (2-0). The Blue Hose led for 37:41 and were up by as many as 23 (4:16 in the 2nd). The team turned in their highest scoring quarter of the season with 28 points in the second quarter.
Storey Leads the Way
• Storey leads PC with 11.9 points, 4.2 assists, and 2.1 steals per game.
• Storey has converted on 114-of-275 shots (41.5 percent), including 27-of-105 (25.7 percent) from behind the three-point line. She has also converted 77-of-93 (82.8 percent) free-throw attempts.
• In Big South rankings, she is tied for the lead in minutes played (36.5), is second in assists, tied for second in steals, and is third in free-throw percentage.Next Time Out
• The Blue Hose head to Lynchburg, Va. for the Big South Women’s Basketball Championship March 9-12. Liberty University is hosting the tournament at the Vines Center.