Who: Presbyterian (9-14, 7-5) vs Gardner-Webb (10-13, 5-7)
When: Tuesday, February 14 – 7 p.m. ET
Where: Templeton Center - Clinton, S.C.
Watch: Big South Network
Live Stats: Statbroadcast Live
Social Media: @BlueHoseWBB (Twitter/Instagram) / @BlueHoseSports
Blue Hose host Gardner-Webb Tuesday
• PC welcomes Gardner-Webb to the Templeton Center this Tuesday, February 14 as the Blue Hose host the Bulldogs in a 7 p.m. ET Big South contest.
• PC looks to sweep the conference series for the first time since the 2011-12 season.
Last Time Out
• PC outscored Liberty 20-8 in the final quarter to earn a close 56-55 victory Saturday night at the Templeton Center. With the win, PC split the Big South series.
• Janie Miles led the Blue Hose with 13 points and seven rebounds. The junior guard shot 6-of-9 from the field and converted 1-of-5 free-throws. She added three assists and a steal.
• Right behind Miles was Kacie Hall who tied her season high with 11 points. She made three deep balls, also tying a season high, and grabbed one board with an assist and a steal.
• PC only made five shots from beyond the arc, but scored four of them in the final quarter to overcome an 11-0 Liberty run that ended the third. The 14-0 run by the Blue Hose gave PC its first lead since the 2:54 mark in the second quarter.
• PC shot 21-of-57 (36.9 percent) from the field, 5-of-24 (20.8 percent) from deep, and 9-of-16 (56.3 percent) from the charity stripe.
• The Blue Hose held the advantage in turnovers (10-21), points off turnovers (15-4), and bench productivity (24-20). The game featured 10 ties and 11 lead changes.
PC Rankings in the Big South
• Presbyterian leads the conference in three-point field goals made (168).
• PC is second in free-throw percentage (74.8) and turnover margin (+1.83).
• The Blue Hose ranks fourth in scoring defense (61.3).
Scouting the Runnin’ Bulldogs
• Gardner-Webbs’ Charlisa Jenkins set a new career high with 17 points, but the Runnin’ Bulldogs defense couldn’t stop High Point as the Panthers shot 61 percent in the first half. Hight Point grabbed the win 84-75 Saturday afternoon at Paul Porter Arena.
• Tierra Huntsman leads Gardner-Webb with 15.2 points per game, followed by Alexus Hill with 10.0 points per game. Huntsman is the deep threat with 45 three-pointers on the year, while Evelyn Adebayo leads the team on the glass with 5.8 boards per game.
• The Runnin’ Bulldogs lead the Big South in three-point field goal percentage (35.9) and second in scoring offense (66.5). GWU is third in defensive rebounds (25.9 per game) and scoring margin (+3.2). The team ranks fourth in field goal percentage (40.9), rebounding offense (38.7), turnover margin (-0.39), offensive rebounds (12.8 per game), and three-point field goals per game (5.7).
• Tuesday’s game marks the 48th meeting between the two programs. PC leads the all-time series 32-15, including 19-5 at the Templeton Center.
• PC earned a 56-55 comeback victory on the road when the teams met earlier this season on January 7. Cortney Storey totaled 20 points to lead the Blue Hose in the win. The junior guard shot a perfect 7-for-7 from the charity stripe. With six seconds left in the game, she made an old-fashioned three-point play to seal the win.
• The Blue Hose led in fast-break points (12-6) and outscored Gardner-Webb’s bench (13-7).
Storey Leads the Way
• Storey leads PC with 11.2 points, 4.1 assists, and 2.0 steals per game.
• Storey has converted on 87-of-227 shots (38.3 percent), including 21-of-88 (23.9 percent) from behind the three-point line. She has also made 63-of-78 (80.8 percent) free-throw attempts.
• Storey recorded a 19-point, 10-assist double-double against UNCG on December 15.Next Time Out
• PC makes the trip north to Radford, Va. on Saturday, February 18 as the Blue Hose take on the Highlanders in a 2 p.m. ET conference game at the Donald N. Dedmon Center.