Who: Presbyterian (6-12, 4-3) at High Point (5-13, 3-4)
When: Sunday, January 29 – 1 p.m. ET
Where: Millis Center – High Point, N.C.
PC heads up to High Point this Sunday
• PC makes the trip north to High Point, N.C. for a 1 p.m. ET conference game against the Panthers in the Millis Center.
• The Blue Hose look to rebound from a home loss to UNC Asheville on Tuesday night.
Last Time Out
• PC tied the game late, but could not overcome an 11-0 run as UNC Asheville held on for a 67-60 win Tuesday night at the Templeton Center.
• Janie Miles scored 14 points to lead the Blue Hose in the loss. The junior guard was near perfect on the night as she shot 4-for-4 from the field, 2-for-2 from beyond the arc, and 4-for-5 from the free-throw line. She added three rebounds and set a season high with four steals.
• Salina Virola went 5-for-10 from the field and a perfect 3-for-3 from the line to finish with 13 points. The sophomore forward added four rebounds.
• PC shot 22-of-49 (44.9 percent) from the floor, 6-of-18 (33.3 percent) from deep, and 10-of-11 (90.9 percent) from the charity stripe.
• Presbyterian allowed UNC Asheville to shoot 8-for-12 (66.7 percent) from long range. The eight threes tie the most by an opponent this season after the Blue Hose surrendered eight in a December 20 win at N.C. Central.
Scouting the Panthers
• High Point suffered a 58-33 loss to Campbell last Tuesday. The Panthers shot 14-of-58 (29.2 percent) from the floor, 1-of-11 (9.1 percent) from beyond the arc, and 4-of-8 (50.0 percent) from the free-throw line.
• Emma Bockrath is averaging 11.1 points and 3.8 rebounds to lead High Point in both categories. Kayla Keys follows with 10.8 points per game and has a team-high 32 three-pointers on the season. Kat Harries is the top shooter from the line at 88.0 percent.
• The Panthers are second in the Big South with 65.2 points per game, are tied with PC for the lead in free-throw percentage (75.3), and lead the conference in assists (13.8 per game). The team is shooting 33.3 percent from beyond the arc and 75.3 percent from the line.
• Sunday’s game marks the 19th meeting between the two programs. High Point leads the all-time series 14-4, including 9-0 record at the Millis Center.
• The teams last met on February 6 last season, a 61-47 road loss as the Panthers used a 10-3 run early in the fourth quarter to go ahead by 20, 57-37. Miles and Aianna Kelly led the Blue Hose with 11 points and 10 points respectively.
• PC forced 29 turnovers and recorded 14 steals, the most in both categories since November 18, 2013 against Columbia College.
PC Rankings in the Big South
• PC leads the Big South with 134 three-pointers on the season (7.4 per game).
• The Blue Hose are tied with High Point for the lead in free-throw percentage (75.3).
• Presbyterian averages 15.7 turnovers per game while causing 16.8 turnovers. The +1.06 margin is third in the Big South.
• The Blue Hose rank third in scoring defense, allowing 62.0 points per game.
• PC is fifth in three-point field goal percentage defense (30.8).
Storey Leads the Way
• Cortney Storey leads PC with 11.7 points per game on the season. The junior guard has scored double-digit points in 12 of the last 15 games.
• Storey has converted on 70-of-183 shots (38.3 percent), including 18-of-77 (23.4 percent) from behind the three-point line, on the year. She has also made 53-of-65 (81.5 percent) free-throw attempts.
• The Preseason All-Big South selection is second in the conference in minutes played (36.1), assists (74), and free-throw percentage (81.5).
• Storey recorded the first double-double of her career with 19 points and 10 assists against UNCG on December 15.Next Time Out
• PC is back home next Tuesday, January 31 as the Blue Host take on the Radford Highlanders in a 7 p.m. ET conference game at the Templeton Center.