Who: Presbyterian (3-9, 1-0) at Gardner-Webb (5-7, 0-1)
When: Saturday, January 7 – 2 p.m. ET
Where: Paul Porter Arena – Boiling Springs, N.C.
Watch: Big South Network
Live Stats: Stat Broadcast Live
Social Media: @BlueHoseWBB (Twitter/Instagram) / @BlueHoseSports
PC continues Big South Play at Gardner-Webb
• Presbyterian travels to Boiling Springs, N.C. for conference action on Saturday, January 7 as the team is at Gardner-Webb for a 2 p.m. ET game at Paul Porter Arena.
• The game is the first in a two-game road swing for the Blue Hose.
Last Time Out
• PC earned its first conference win this season with a 65-55 victory over Longwood on Tuesday night at the Templeton Center.
• Taylor Petty led the Blue Hose with 15 points and six rebounds. The guard shot 3-of-8 from beyond the arc and converted 4-of-5 charity attempts. She added three steals on defense.
• Following Petty in scoring were Janie Miles and Cortney Storey with 11 points each.
• The Blue Hose made 13-of-37 shots from beyond the arc to set season highs in both three-pointers and three-point attempts.
• PC tallied 11 steals in the win, the team’s second-most steals in a game this season. PC grabbed 12 steals in a November 28 loss at East Carolina.
• The Blue Hose scored more points off turnovers (24-19), scored more second-chance points (10-4), and had more fast-break points (2-0). PC led for 37:41 and was up by as many as 23.
Scouting the Runnin’ Bulldogs
• Gardner-Webb is coming off a 67-57 conference loss to Radford on Tuesday and is sporting a 5-7, 0-1 record. The Runnin’ Bulldogs shot 42.3 percent (22-52) from the field, 36.8 percent (7-19) from beyond the arc, and 60.0 percent (6-10) from the free-throw line.
• Tierra Huntsman is averaging 13.8 points per game to lead Gardner-Webb. She is shooting 39.3 percent (53-135) from the field and is the hot hand from out deep, shooting 40.7 percent (24-59) from beyond the arc. Alexus Hall follows with 7.9 points per game, while Charlisa Jenkins leads the team in rebounding with 79 boards.
• Gardner-Webb enters Saturday’s matchup averaging 63.8 points and holds a +5.0 rebounding margin across its 12 games. The Runnin’ Bulldogs are shooting 39.2 percent from the field, 33.1 percent from beyond the arc, and 64.2 percent from the charity stripe.
• Saturday’s game marks the 47th meeting between the two programs. PC leads the all-time series 31-15, but Gardner-Webb holds a slight 10-9 edge at the Paul Porter Arena.
• The teams last met on March 11 in the opening round of the 2015-16 Big South Championship. The Blue Hose earned a 58-51 win to advance to the Championship semifinals for the first time in school history. Taylor Petty led PC with 14 points, Salina Virola netted 12 points, with Allie Wagner and Cortney Storey each contributing 10 points.
• PC broke a tournament record with a 94.1 (16-of-17) free-throw percentage. The team held a 22-14 points in the paint, an 8-2 fast break, and a 12-4 bench points advantage in the game.
Storey Leads the Way
• Storey leads PC with 12.0 points per game on the season. The junior guard has scored double-digit points in eight of the last nine games.
• Storey has converted on 47-of-122 shots (38.5 percent), including 12-of-52 (25.1 percent) from behind the three-point line, on the year. She has also made 38-of-48 (79.2 percent) free-throw attempts.
• Storey recorded the first double-double of her career with 19 points and 10 assists against UNCG on December 15.Next Time Out
• PC wraps up its two-game road swing in Lynchburg, Virginia with a 7 p.m. ET Big South game at Liberty on Tuesday, January 10.