Who: Presbyterian (1-7) at NC Central (1-8)
When: Tuesday, December 20 – 2 p.m. ET
Where: McDougald-McLendon Arena - Durham, N.C.
Watch: NCCU Sports Network
Live Stats: Sidearm Sports
Social Media: @BlueHoseWBB (Twitter/Instagram) / @BlueHoseSports
PC Ends Road Trip at NCCU Tuesday
• Presbyterian heads up to Durham, North Carolina to take on NCCU this Tuesday at 2 p.m. ET.
• It will be PC’s seventh straight game on the road, rounding out its seven-game road swing.
• PC returns home December 22 when its hosts Belmont, marking over a month between home games.
Last Time Out
• PC earned its first win of the season, a 69-62 win at UNCG on December 15 in Greensboro, N.C. It marks the first career win for Head Coach Todd Steelman.
• Cortney Storey netted 19 points and 10 assists to record her first career double-double. The guard shot 7-of-15 from the field, made 4-of-5 shots from the charity stripe, and pulled down eight boards.
•Storey’s 10 assist tie for second-most in a game alongside Katlin Moore, who earned 10 against Stetson in 2008.
•Taylor Petty was one point shy of a career high with 25 points, shooting 6-of-18 from the field and 10-of-13 from the free-throw line. Janie Miles and Kacie Hall each contributed nine points.
• Presbyterian scored 23 points on 22 UNCG turnovers. It marks the second-most turnovers PC has forced this season.
Scouting the Eagles
• NCCU enters Tuesday’s matchup with a 1-8 record and is coming off a 51-64 loss to UNCG on Sunday. The Eagles shot 30.0 percent from the field and made 75.0 percent of their shots from the charity stripe in the loss.
• Morgan Jones and Jada Blow lead the Eagles with 9.4 and 8.4 points per game respectively. Blow leads the team with 2.5 assists and 1.5 steals per game while Jones has reached double-digit scoring in five games this season.
• NCCU enters Tuesday’s matchup averaging 46.6 points per game with a scoring margin of -16.7 across its nine games. The Eagles are shooting 27.3 percent from the field, 25.4 percent from beyond the arc, and 64.4 percent from the free-throw line. The team is averaging 7.8 steals per game, 0.4 more than its opponents.
• Tuesday’s game marks the eighth meeting between the two programs, with PC leading the series 4-3. The Blue Hose won the last meeting, a 60-50 victory at home on December 21 last season.
Storey Named Big South Player of the Week
• Storey was named the Big South Player of the Week by the league on November 28. The junior guard is the first PC player to be the conference Player of the Week since 2012-13.
• Storey totaled a season-high 26 points against Texas Southern on November 25 in PC’s only game of the week, adding four assists and four steals. Her total was just one point shy of her career high and was the second-most points by a Big South player this season.
• The Preseason All-Big South selection leads the team in rebounds (26), assists (17), and steals (11) and is second on team in scoring at 9.9 points per game.
Storey Leads the Way
• Storey leads PC with 11.0 points per game on the season. The junior guard has scored double-digit points in four of the last five games.
• Storey has converted on 31-of-80 shots (38.8 percent), including 10-of-37 (27.0) from behind the three-point line, on the year.
• Storey recorded the first double-double of her career with 19 points and 10 assists against UNCG on December 15.
• PC returns home for a 12 p.m. ET game against Belmont on Thursday.