Who: Presbyterian (0-6) at Gonzaga (4-2)
When: Saturday, December 3 – 5 p.m. ET
Where: McCarthey Athletic Center - Spokane, Wash.
Live Stats: GoZags.com
Social Media: @BlueHoseWBB (Twitter/Instagram) / @BlueHoseSports
PC Heads West to Face Gonzaga
• Presbyterian heads out to the west coast to take on Gonzaga on Saturday at 5 p.m. ET
• It will be PC’s fifth straight road game as a part of its seven-game road trip.
• PC will not return home until December 22 when its hosts Belmont, marking over a month between home games.
Last Time Out
• PC dropped its sixth in a row in close fashion yet again, coming up on the wrong end of a 54-46 result against East Carolina on Monday night in Greenville, N.C.
• Janie Miles recorded her first career double-double, totaling 15 points and 11 rebounds to go with four assists. She is the first PC player to lead the team in each of the three categories since Aianna Kelly did so last season with 10 points, 11 rebounds and two assists against Vanderbilt.
• Freshman Kacie Hall reached double-figures for the first time in her collegiate career, totaling 11 points on 4-of-11 shooting from the field and a 2-for-3 effort from the free throw line. She added three assists and a steal in a career-high 33 minutes in her sixth game at PC.
• The Blue Hose held ECU to 54 points after it entered Monday’s game averaging 73.7 points per game. PC also forced 19 turnovers on the night, its second-highest total of the season, while recording a season-best 12 steals.
Scouting the Bulldogs
• Gonzaga enters Saturday’s matchup with 4-2 record, dropping two of its three games at the Paradise Jam. The Zags defeated Pac 12 power Stanford on the road, 68-63, in its most prominent win to date. Gonzaga has received votes in both major polls.
• The Bulldogs are led by Jill Barta, who comes in averaging 18.8 points per game and 6.2 rebounds per game. She has made 60.3 percent of field goals on the year, while going 10-for-21 from behind the arc. Zykera Rice adds 12.0 points per game and 6.5 rebounds per game with Kiara Kudron leading the rebounding effort at 7.0 per game.
• Gonzaga is another team that can score, averaging 75.7 points per game with a scoring margin of +16.8 across its six games. The Bulldogs average 41.7 rebounds per game, 11.0 better than its opponents, and use their size to block shots, averaging just shy of seven per game.
• Saturday’s meeting between the two will be the first in the history of the two programs.
Storey Named Big South Player of the Week
• Cortney Storey was named the Big South Player of the Week by the league on Monday afternoon. The junior guard is the first PC player to be the conference Player of the Week since 2012-13.
• Storey totaled a season-high 26 points against Texas Southern last week in PC’s only game of the week, while adding four assists and four steals. Her total was just one point shy of her career high and was the second-most points by a Big South player this season.
• The Preseason All-Big South selection leads the team in assists (15) and steals (10) and is second on team in scoring at 9.2 points per game.
Miles Leads the Way
• Janie Miles leads PC with 11.4 points per game on the season. The junior guard has scored double-digit points in each of the team’s first four games, before reaching just eight points against Texas Southern last week.
• Miles has converted on 22-of-44 shots (50.0 percent), including 9-of-22 (40.9) from behind the three-point line, on the year.
• Miles recorded the first double-double of her career with 15 points and 11 rebounds against ECU on Monday night. It was the first double-double by a PC player since Aianna Kelly had 10 points and 11 rebounds against Longwood on February 1 last season.
Next Time Out
• PC’s seven-game road trip rolls on with its sixth stop at UNCG on December 15 at 11 a.m. as a part of Education Day.